258 straight 6
3 speed
AMC 20 rear
Model 30 front
101,000 miles
fiberglass body and fenders
33X12.5
Soft top
Help im about to change both diffs and im confused. I just picked up a 1979 CJ7 that is leaking from every gasket. I know I have a model 30 front and a AMC model 20 rear I was going to use 80/90 but I dont know if I have a Limited slip or not? Is there a way to know? This Jeep will be mostly on road.

you have open diffs front and back if its stock.

Is their any easy way to know if its stock?

I don't believe there is without taking off the covers... Taking off the covers and looking is the easiest way i know of...

And at that point, you kind of need the fluids, unless you have another vehicle to run to parts house with... :cool:

:chug:

~ JR

Put it in N and raise the rear till both tires are off the ground. now turn one of them by hand, if the other tire is turning the same way, you have a posi. if it's turning the opp. direction it an open diff.

Put it in N and raise the rear till both tires are off the ground. now turn one of them by hand, if the other tire is turning the same way, you have a posi. if it's turning the opp. direction it an open diff.
and or jack one wheel in the air with the jeep in neutral if it has a locker/Limited slip it wont spin :chug:

:bang:
:notworthy:
Those would both be way easier ways!!
:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom