CJ spotted thread

CJ spotted thread

shum8

Voted most irritating
Gold Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'80 CJ-7, AMC 304, T177, Dana 300, Widetrack axles (D30 & AMC20) w/ 3.73 gearing, MSD ignition,
Any interest in a "who was that?" thread? Years ago I belonged to a CBR XX forum, and we had a thread where you posted a description of the bike you spotted, along with the time, street, direction, etc... I don't see many CJ's around here, and saw two today. The title of the post would be the city and state of the sighting, and it was interesting to see how often other members would see you.

In the chance this generates any interest, I'll start with the two I saw today:

Both were in Roanoke, Va.:

First was a light blue CJ5 traveling East on Melrose Ave around 12:15 pm. This one had diamond plate corner I do believe.

Second was a red CJ7 traveling East on 460 near Plantation Rd around 6:00 pm.

lol it would be hard to spot mine I dont have the garage door up much lol:D I also do not see many on the road either

LOL - I hear ya. Mine is all over the garage as well. I see one around here every couple of months.... Today was kinda creepy seeing within a couple hours.

I've seen a FireCracker Red '79 in my shop for the past month, hasn't moved an inch, really starting to p!ss me off!!!!

I think it would be worth a shot, I don't see many around my area either.

I've seen a FireCracker Red '79 in my shop for the past month, hasn't moved an inch, really starting to p!ss me off!!!!

I think it would be worth a shot, I don't see many around my area either.

:laugh::laugh: I keep seeing a black/red/brown and white one in my garage that runs great but wont move :eek: whats wrong with yours?

Boerne has a Jeep club, but it seems to be mostly new jeeps. There is a garage on the North end of town called "Two Fat Guys Garage". I've seen some very unusual looking Jeeps there, like tube buggies, a Comanche, etc. But a couple of months ago this caught my eye. The only other CJ I've seen in the area. Nice one too.

WP_20160316_006_zpswz2uyjnk.jpg

I am with you PB. I am in a local club and we have a few CJs but mostly JKs and TJs. But I have noticed a few more CJs recently. But most are not roadworthy yet. Just a few.

When our club had an event at Rausch Creek in PA last month, i had the inly CJ from our club there. At least I did see a couple of others on the trails.

@gert still waiting to put my new tank and skid in, figured while I have room under there, I'll run a dedicated ground bus for the rear. Going to try and get to the yard for an old school GM one.

Now...back to CJ spotter topic •||||||•

I see them everyday I drive around 200 miles aday. I saw a CJ this week sitting on a trailer at a house that I have never seen before. I will see if I can get back by there next week and get a pic of it and post it. This guy is into CJ-8s he has two plus this one on the trailer that has a full metal top on the back half like the old military ambulance.

I saw another one today - have never seen this one either. Was flat black with the top off and windshield down. A buddy saw one in Salem and sent a couple pics - was a restored 73 Renegade in yellow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found these a couple of weeks ago in Orlando.

20160702_132248.jpg

20160702_132236.jpg

20160702_132304.jpg

20160702_132315.jpg

Here's the '73

73A_zpspcoo7ppu.jpg

73C_zpsbdudke9b.jpg

73D_zpsfymltq6k.jpg

Notice the floor mats.....

It appears the buddy that sent me the pics keeps his camera lens on his phone nice and clean....Not

I see them everyday I drive around 200 miles aday. I saw a CJ this week sitting on a trailer at a house that I have never seen before. I will see if I can get back by there next week and get a pic of it and post it. This guy is into CJ-8s he has two plus this one on the trailer that has a full metal top on the back half like the old military ambulance.

Please do post a pic did the back section have windows? (Postal vs overland). Did you notice if the doors had the round or square corner?

Please do post a pic did the back section have windows? (Postal vs overland). Did you notice if the doors had the round or square corner?
The side had no windows I could not see the back because it was backed into the driveway. The top and tub were all one piece and I don't remember what the doors looked like I was to busy looking at the back half.

I would guess it was a 1984 Postal CJ8 from Alaska. If so, the top actually does come off but does not look like it. If not, I am really curious.

But a couple of months ago this caught my eye. The only other CJ I've seen in the area. Nice one too.

WP_20160316_006_zpswz2uyjnk.jpg

I saw that one out on Hwy 281 N not too long ago. Very nice. Traffic wouldn't let me catch up.

Boerne has a Jeep club, The only other CJ I've seen in the area. Nice one too.

I see quite a few.

Guy in a neighboring neighborhood has a brown scrambler parked out front that is around once in a while. He also has a white one in the backyard that he no longer drives.

There is a red CJ7 with a white hard top that see flying along in the fast lanes during my commute in the early morning.

I've seen two blue CJ7 that I was wondering if might be yours. One was in our neighborhood and the other was driving around the Broadway/Pearl area with the windshield down.

I pulled over to try and help a brown CJ7 owner who had broken down at the the entrance of his subdivision at 281 N and River Way.

I've seen two blue CJ7 that I was wondering if might be yours.

No, I wish. Mine is still under construction. Latest plan is to make a Custom CJ Truck. See the link below.

Spotted a yellow CJ5 going in opposite direction, not sure of year. Diamond plate quarters, soft top no doors, I'd say at least 6" lift, maybe 35's. Couldn't get a good look.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks