CJ spotted thread

CJ spotted thread
I must live on a severely CJ depressed area. Not many here at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this at my Grandsons football game tonight.

Attachments

• 20160917_202849.jpg
    20160917_202849.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 20160917_202824.jpg
    20160917_202824.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 20160917_202752.jpg
    20160917_202752.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 154
Oh, my - Very nice!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saw a jeep on the interstate on Friday. Thought about this thread and how I had a CJ sighting. It was the right size the tan was the right color, the doors were square, but a lot of guys still consider those to be CJ's, the front fenders looked right ....... then OMG the thing had to many teeth and square headlights. :( No glory for me, had to grab a beer when I got home.....

WHO: Me
WHAT: Spotted CJ5
WHEN: 181432SEP16
WHERE: BK parking lot
WHY: Probably eating a Double Whopper with cheese and bacon.
*not the best pic, app won't let me load the way I usually do*

IMG_6339.JPGIMG_6336.JPGIMG_6334.JPGIMG_6335.JPG

Downtown in the Springs, on a Sunday afternoon, before the Broncos game. Can I score this as several CJs?

Attachments

• 20160918_142817.jpg
    20160918_142817.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 116
I'll give you 2, maybe 3 for that one!

Odd, about a month ago there were a ton of CJ's on the road. Thought it was odd at the time. Lately not a one.

I was able to get back by that CJ8 with the hardtop today and got a couple of pics. I see now that it is a right hand drive so enjoy.

004.jpg

003.jpg

Yep. It is a 1984 Alaskan Postal that has been painted. Would like to have one some day.
Makes me wonder how it made it's way all the way down here. It seems to be in pretty good shape.

I really like that model. Sort of a CJ/land rover cross. Big, boxy, hump on top, no windows. Really they are just about exactly what I want. Lately the Willys Wagon has been talking to me.

I really like that model. Sort of a CJ/land rover cross. Big, boxy, hump on top, no windows. Really they are just about exactly what I want. Lately the Willys Wagon has been talking to me.

Postal = right hand drive. I worked for a buddy in Alaska who had a couple of them that were kitted up as survey rigs. If I remember correctly, they were automatics.

-Andy

Postals have been talking to me for a loooong time. And I know of at least one that is not auto. And I don't THINK it was converted. But I don't know for a fact. They were pretty darn Limited in production. I would love the right hand drive personally. Might take a little getting used to it, but I would enjoy it. Just maybe not at the drive thru windows. And those doors are pretty pricey for people who need them. Interchangeable with the CJ10s though.

Black CJ7 with tan hard top. South on I-185 in Northern Columbus, GA. This makes 3 that I've seen in about a week and half. Then I know of 3 more and then mine. Guess we are doing ok down here, now just need to get a CJ club going!

Postals have been talking to me for a loooong time. And I know of at least one that is not auto. And I don't THINK it was converted. But I don't know for a fact. They were pretty darn Limited in production. I would love the right hand drive personally. Might take a little getting used to it, but I would enjoy it. Just maybe not at the drive thru windows. And those doors are pretty pricey for people who need them. Interchangeable with the CJ10s though.

It was converted if it was manual. All postals were produced with automatic transmissions.

I bet it wouldn't be all that difficult to convert it to left hand drive. Were they still 4wd? For a postal worker in Alaska it makes sense if they were.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks