CJ4 the forgotten CJ

CJ4 the forgotten CJ

BajaEdition

Resident 'Old' Jeep Shaman
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
67 cj5,225 Dauntless, D30,chrome molies, detroit, D44, full floating detroit, custom steering, disc all the way around,2 inch lift on 31s, armored up
70 cj6 4 inch lift
The Cj4 was a development tool for the military.
from this came several military models and the CJ line got the CJ5 and CJ6
here are a flow chart and another chart with the CJ4 identified

cj414.gif

notice the 4 jeeps in the middle of this chart, they are all CJ4 development Jeeps

cj413.gif

There have been rumors for years that only one was made but there is paper work found from Jeep where the CJ4 is mentioned along with regular production models. Something a one off model would not have.Plus Engineering papers for spring rates.

cj416.jpg

cj48.jpg

A new example has been found, debunking the idea there was only 1, here are some pictures of the 2 we know of to still exist.

cj46.gif

cj45.jpg

cj415.jpg

the new find

cj412.jpg

and now for pictures of military models

cj411.jpg

cj410.jpg

is this a military, or a third Civilian?

cj47.jpg

cj44.jpg

cj43.jpg

cj42.gif

cj41.jpg

Production Numbers seem to be lost, and the Army has a habit of destroying models after they test them. For those reasons we may never know how many of the CJ4s were produced, however it looks to be from the number of models in these pictures that they tested quite a few, Personally I feel if several hundred were made it would be a low number.
Lost in history, the CJ4.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks