CJ5 Hard top?

CJ5 Hard top?

GatorBate

Senior Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
81 CJ5 Renegade, 304,TBI, PaceSetter Headers, T-177, D-300-4:1, AMC-20, D-30,(OX Lockers W/Electric Shifters),3.54, XRC8 winch. OME 2" lift
Did they ever make a hard top for the CJ5 .

My 73 CJ5 came with the optional Meyers full hard top. It was steel, doors metal too. Felt pretty heavy so I sold mine years ago. . . :D

Putting another heater such as on school buses work great. Then I use the OEM heater for defrost only and rear heater mounted under the set for interior heat. Soft tops are fine even in -15F.

Jeep didn't but there is aftermarket ones out there, now days they are kinda hard to find.

Jeep didn't but there is aftermarket ones out there, now days they are kinda hard to find.

Mine came from the dealer with the hard top. Meyers actually made it but the factory installed them in 1973.

Aftermarket can get pretty expensive.

Mine came from the dealer with the hard top. Meyers actually made it but the factory installed them in 1973.

Aftermarket can get pretty expensive.
Ok so Jeep didn't make it Meyers did like I said Jeep never made a hardtop for the CJ5 . :)

The Meyers hardtop was available through the dealership only but only as an aftermarket part so if a CJ came with one in 1973 is was because the dealer put it on the jeep but would not have been a line item on the original invoice or build sheet from Jeep.

I was just curious. I see CJ7 with hardtops all the time but could not remember ever seeing a CJ5 with one. Today I went looking for CJ5 hardtops and found one made by Rally tops that I like. Only two grand, 1K for doors and 1k for top and for $250 you can have a sun roof installed

Jeep CJ5 Hardtop and Hard Tops for a CJ 5

Here is one I had for a while
Made by ACME, sold it last year.

IMAG0610_zps18c92d3a.jpg

IMAG0616_zps669f57c2.jpg

Well the window sticker had the Meyers HT on my 1973 listed it as an option. I am the second owner. Bought it in 1976 and the window sticker was in the glove box.

It is interesting that the Factory Service Manual does not cover any of the hard top repair. :notworthy:

Here's an interesting link regarding Meyers.

Meyer Jeep Cabs on The CJ3B Page

I was just curious. I see CJ7 with hardtops all the time but could not remember ever seeing a CJ5 with one. Today I went looking for CJ5 hardtops and found one made by Rally tops that I like. Only two grand, 1K for doors and 1k for top and for $250 you can have a sun roof installed

Jeep CJ5 Hardtop and Hard Tops for a CJ 5
If you go that way do not get the sunroof, Take it from somebody who as been in Autoglass for almost 40 years all sunroofs will leak as they get old and when you need the parts to fix it you will find out they are no longer in business. Sunroof companys come and go faster than any company I have ever seen. I have installed over a 100 and I would try and talk people out of cutting a hole in there roof. It's a Jeep if you want sun on your head take the top off.

Well the window sticker had the Meyers HT on my 1973 listed it as an option. I am the second owner. Bought it in 1976 and the window sticker was in the glove box.

It is interesting that the Factory Service Manual does not cover any of the hard top repair. :notworthy:

That is interesting as I have never heard of any CJ5 hardtop being a direct factory option, only a dealer installed item.

That is interesting. I like the double doors in the back and the body extender. Not quite the look I was going for though.

Ya, my soft top is only two years old and except for a small hole I poked in the rear window when I backed down a sand dune into a tree and the leaky doors when it rains its ok and It is in great shape .

Mtnwhlr your right, if you want to let the sun in take off your top.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom