CJ7 Full Fiberglass front

CJ7 Full Fiberglass front

jeepnewbe

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79' CJ7 304, 3 speed, 33 x 12.50 x 15, all stock with fiberglass tub
I have a 78 CJ7 with full fiberglass tub and front. My question in the mounting and the closing of the full front. The PO has it setup with just the two top hood hinges and it just sits along the tub on the side with spring clips on the front bumper. I think there should be more, but don't know. Seems to me that something up front for the hood to sit on underneath to keep it from just resting on the sides of the tub? Then using the front spring clips to keep it down. Any info or pics would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

If you can, post some pictures of your set up now so we may be able to get a better idea on helping would be truly helpful :)

There should be some kind of a mount in front. People do different things depending on who made the body. Mine has an 3/8 id tube glassed into it for a pivit to tilt it.

The pic with the circled area is all that i see that supports the hood and the two spring clips just keep it down. Should there be more support that just resting on the tub.

IMO it should be hung at the windshield hinges and in the front.
the fenders should not be resting on (suported by) the body.

Old Dog I agree to that it shouldn't be supported by resting on the body. What do mean by hung at the windshield hinges. Pics please if possible. There are hinges on the top of the hood up by the windshield are these the ones you are referring too?

Old Dog I agree to that it shouldn't be supported by resting on the body. What do mean by hung at the windshield hinges. Pics please if possible. There are hinges on the top of the hood up by the windshield are these the ones you are referring too?

Yes those are the one I meant.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom