Clutch cable bracket

Clutch cable bracket

cjshan

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
74 CJ5 304 T-18 300 d44 d30
Hey guys Im new here, but need sum help. I have 74 CJ5 AMC 304 with T-18 , the clutch cable is a retro that leaves the cable in a bad location causing it to be short and without proper adjustment. Does anyone know where to buy a bracket that will fit properly??? Thaanks:confused:

Which bracket are you talking about, the one on the firewall by the clutch peddle? If so you are going to have to make your own or have a machine shop do it. A long time ago on my 1972 CJ5 the factory bracket tore off the firewall and left me clutchless out in the wilds of nowhere Montana. Had to start it in first and speed shift it from there to get back to Kalispell to build new one.

Thanks for your answer! My problem is actually down on the bottom end of the clutch cable where it is fastened to the tranny by a bracket that is not factory either by looks. maybe I need to see a machine shop too!:) The thing with this Bracket is that the cable is max adjusted and it is barely coming off the plate leaving zero freeplay. If that makes sense? Be nice if I could get a pict. of the original...:cool:

Actually I thought by 1974 Jeep had done away with the cable clutch in favor of the rod system. I know back then you could get a conversion kit to do away with the cable. The other thing the cable was famous for was the ball on the end of the cable would pop off leaving you clutchless yet again. I think I woud call 4WD Hardware www.4wd.com and ask them about it. They may be able to fix you up with what you need for a retro fit.

ya sounds lik its a good time to change it before I end up clutchless! Thanks

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom