clutch help

clutch help

Robbp

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ 5 360ci
Hi all, I have an 85 CJ7 with the 4 banger. I think I have to replace my clutch mster cylinder, do I have to replace the slave cylinder as well? Do I have a slave cylinder? do they make rebuild kits for the cylinders? any suggestions?
I have fluid leaking from inside the master onto the interior floor board (reason for beleiving I have to replace the master)

Thanks for any help
Robb

Hi all, I have an 85 CJ7 with the 4 banger. I think I have to replace my clutch mster cylinder, do I have to replace the slave cylinder as well? Do I have a slave cylinder? do they make rebuild kits for the cylinders? any suggestions?
I have fluid leaking from inside the master onto the interior floor board (reason for beleiving I have to replace the master)

Thanks for any help
Robb

If you have a clutch master cylinder you have a slave cylinder.
The slave cylinder is on the transmission.
No you do not have to replace the slave cylinder, but it would not be a bad idea if they are both original equipment.
You are right about the leak.;)

Last time I went through that, they couldn't sell me anything but the full kit - master and slave and line. It's not a bad idea to do the full schlamiel anyway - if one's gone, the other ain't far behind.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$110.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks