clutch help

clutch help

Robbp

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ 5 360ci
Hi all, I have an 85 CJ7 with the 4 banger. I think I have to replace my clutch mster cylinder, do I have to replace the slave cylinder as well? Do I have a slave cylinder? do they make rebuild kits for the cylinders? any suggestions?
I have fluid leaking from inside the master onto the interior floor board (reason for beleiving I have to replace the master)

Thanks for any help
Robb

Hi all, I have an 85 CJ7 with the 4 banger. I think I have to replace my clutch mster cylinder, do I have to replace the slave cylinder as well? Do I have a slave cylinder? do they make rebuild kits for the cylinders? any suggestions?
I have fluid leaking from inside the master onto the interior floor board (reason for beleiving I have to replace the master)

Thanks for any help
Robb

If you have a clutch master cylinder you have a slave cylinder.
The slave cylinder is on the Transmission .
No you do not have to replace the slave cylinder, but it would not be a bad idea if they are both original equipment.
You are right about the leak.;)

Last time I went through that, they couldn't sell me anything but the full kit - master and slave and line. It's not a bad idea to do the full schlamiel anyway - if one's gone, the other ain't far behind.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom