Clutch out of wack

Clutch out of wack

driver007

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 cj5 304 v8, 300 Dana,model 30 Dana and model 20 AMC rear end
Well I installed the clutch. All is good but it will not mate up flat. I cross tighten a little at a time and torqed to 40 pound spec. The pad is in good but the pressure plate does not want to torque down on one of the six legs that mate up to the flywheel. I thought it was the way it was installed by me so I had the local gear head come over same thing. Measured the bolts then measured the holes in the fly wheel all good. cleaned the holes out and the bolts reinstalled it same thing. Could the cluch be stamped a little out of wack?

Do you have the clutch disc upside down?

The clutch disc is stamped and put in as per instructions. Flat side in. Starting to tickle my funny bone. I would think this is a straight forward job done it in the past.

Sorry just a thought didn't mean to insult.

No insult taken, the clutch is starting to tickle my funny bone. Apparently I must redo everything 4 times to get it right. I am only on 3. I have installed machines and built buildings worth huge money but fail at clutch 101. Thanks for the reverse thought anyway that would have been great just flip and reinstall.

No insult taken, the clutch is starting to tickle my funny bone. Apparently I must redo everything 4 times to get it right. I am only on 3. I have installed machines and built buildings worth huge money but fail at clutch 101. Thanks for the reverse thought anyway that would have been great just flip and reinstall.

I wasn't either, it just seems to be the most common issue. And you're not alone, I have felt that way many times.

Talked to the pros and pulled the clutch. Replace the old one with a new one and go at it again. Round four a little patience is good for the soul. I will be one happy dude when it gets back together.

are you using the special "shoulder bolts" that the pressure plate is held on with??:D

Yes Cleaned them up seem to be all right. Will install this week after momma bear gets out of the hospitable. Faimly frist. See if you want to buy somthing good wait tell I buy then go get it because I will have bought the dud.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom