Comercial flathead

Comercial flathead

Scott321968

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1951 cj3a,1963 cj5, 1 75cj5, 2 1976 cj5s w/6 cylinders, and a 78cj5 Levi edition with a 304 I think.
I own a 52 3A with a small block chevy in it. (Not running) Running gear is original I think. I have an opportkunity to purchase a comercial flathead Willys engine that is running. I want to restore to almost original. I have some questions. How do I determine the engine size? Will this engine fit into my 52 3A? Anything else I need to think about?

I dont know much about old Willys engines, but there should be some casting #'s on the block or head somewhere. From there you can probably get the info from a quick Google search or local engine builder as well. What I know about industrial engines is that they usually are designed to run at lower/ governed rpms.

I really do not know much about willys engines besides the ones in the Jeeps. I do know that they did run the jeep with a flat head until 1953 when they switched to a F head unit.
I would think that what would hold you back from may be bell housing or fly wheel differences.
Have you tried doing a national search on V+Craigslist for a old Willys?
oh the jeep flat head was a 134

Thanks for the help. I will get the casting number off from the gentleman selling it. I guess the engine is probably the same as the L134 "Go Devil" that should be in mine, but like you mention, not sure about the bell housing mount-up. Thanks

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks