Dana 300 won't stop leaking

Dana 300 won't stop leaking

Greenmule

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5 AMC 5.0L, Ramsey 8k winch, Goodyear MTR 35/12.50/15, 2" Body lift, Dana 44 Rear with ARB front and rear air locker, 4:1 Gear Reduction, Warn locking hubs front and rear, front disconnecting sway bar. Power Steering brace. Rock sliders. Acme hard top. TeamRush upgrade using MSD parts. E3 Sparkplugs
About 8 months ago I have the T-176 completly rebuild with all new insides, and while this was being completed the Transfer Case resealed as it was leaking. Since then I have taken the jeep back to the shop 4 3 times as the Dana 300 leaks oil evey time. The shop is I think a good shop and I am happy with everything else, but they cannot get the Transfer Case to stop leaking. They replaced all gaskets and seals and they also are not sure why the unit is still leaking. Any ideas?

does it keep leaking from he same place? if so where?

Its a gasket, not a seal. I am sure of that much. It seams like the rear side is wet so I think the side or mabe the top somewhere. Not sure if that helps.

Its a gasket, not a seal. I am sure of that much. It seams like the rear side is wet so I think the side or mabe the top somewhere. Not sure if that helps.

pictures would help tons here

:confused: Gaskets usually only require that all surfaces be good and clean to seal. Have you tried usung a little rtv on it.
The seal on the other hand can give you fits if the output shaft is rough or has a groove worn in it.

If your positive its a gasket then it narrows it down the bottom pan cover, and shifter housing being the only two gaskets in the case.

I would suggest cleaning the case to pin point the leak.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom