Daniel son, wax on, wax off

Daniel son, wax on, wax off

Jroch

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 1985 CJ, 2006 E250
There is a product out there known as Automotive Wax, I know who knew! Apparently this product is designed to protect paint and body's from the eliments, obviosly the afore metioned product was not designed for CJ's as they have never had the need for such an application. But for those inferior vehicles on the road they apparantly need this product and application.

I recently went to local automotive supply house and purchased this product for the peace of furniture in my garage known as a Toyota Tacoma. I call it this as it never moves from this location and is known to aquire mass piles of junk in the bed area.

The product I bought was Mothers Carnuba Wax and Cleaner, this was my first time using this particular brand of this product know as wax, in the past I have always used Maquires.

I was really impressed with the Mothers wax, it went on nicely, and even more importantly it came off with ease. The finish was very nice, clean and with no swirl marks, it also did a great job of removing left over bug parts. It dries pretty quick so removal time is minimul between application.

I thought I would pass my expierence on with this product as it seems to make the chore of waxing those vehicles not of the CJ quality that require this prevenative maintenance a little less troublesome. :chug:

The Finished Product

IMG00094-20091107-1054.jpg

Last edited:
There is a product out there known as Automotive Wax, I know who knew! Apparently this product is designed to protect paint and body's from the eliments, obviosly the afore metioned product was not designed for CJ's as they have never had the need for such an application. But for those inferior vehicles on the road they apparantly need this product and application.

I recently went to local automotive supply house and purchased this product for the peace of furniture in my garage know as a Toyota Tacoma. I call it this as it never moves from this location and is know to aquire mass piles of junk in the bed area.

The product I bought was Mothers Carnuba Wax and Cleaner, this was my first time using this particular brand of this product know as wax, in the past I have always used Maquires.

I was really impressed with the Mothers wax, it went on nicely, and even more importantly it came off with ease. The finish was very nice, clean and with no swirl marks, it also did a great job of removing left over bug parts. It dries pretty quick so removal time is minimul between application.

I thought I would pass my expierence on with this product as it seems to make the chore of waxing those vehicles not of the CJ quality that require this prevenative maintenance a little less troublesome. :chug:

The Finished Product

IMG00094-20091107-1054.jpg
[FONT=&quot]It is not that Mothers Carnuba Wax and Cleaner was not heard of earlier. You have assured its capacity to protect the original paint on the body of the vehicle. For an old one this Automotive Wax may be used. Anyway, thanks in advance.[/FONT]

The irony is lost on that one, grasshopper....

Reminds me - I need to work on my Mountaineer! The paint sucks as I have let it go for so long. It needs a good DA scrub with compound and a good wax!

Nice write up! :)

I cover mine in a protective layer of dirt!

The wifes Jeep!

splat.jpg

Last edited:
i found a good quick wax we just got at work. lucas slick mist. i loved it. just wipe it on and leave it. dont have to go back over and wipe it off. makes it alot quicker :D

I find a good rattle can of primer gray in the back bed department works great to cover anything needing attention.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom