door doesnt align.

door doesnt align.

SkippyCJ

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 cj7 fully stock with a straight 6 but missing some parts here or there
hey everyone.
its getting pretty cold out and my driver side door does not align with the the surrounding frame but still closes. their is a gap between the door and the front window and don't really want snow to start to find its way in. any suggestions?
i am also brand new into Jeeping so help in any way is appreciated

Last edited:
beetween the door and the windshield?

yes

do you have a hardtop on?

yes i do.

Alrighty, here's what you're going to need to do. You're going to have to at least pop the hard top off of the windshield and slide it back to do this. Leave the big windshield reatining knobs in on both sides, loosen the two bolts holding the brackets in place.

3360d1277758147-cj-windshield-frame-img_1768_1024x768.jpg

You're probably going to need someone to help you do this, or a couple sets of ratchet straps and some imagination.

This will move the windshield on this angle

attachment.php

The chat room would allow you to talk in real time.

I'm aware of that bangtard.png

Besides, it's difficult to post pics in the chartoom

am i going to have to loosen the bolts on both sides of the windshield? the passenger side door aligns up fine

Oh, okay. That changes everything. You're going to have to adjust your door hinges on the drivers door.

I know the picture is a half door, but it's all the same.

On each hinge there are three door hinge bolts that are threaded into a plate inside the door. This plate freely moves up/down and fore/aft. This allows you to move the door up/down, fore/aft, and angle up/down for proper alignment.

attachment.php

There is a big BUT in all of this. Does your door align properly on the bottom, or just the angle of the windshield?

it does not align on the bottom either. the door still closes if you give it a little push

hey guys. i got the door pretty close to fitting perfect. It is a lot better than it was before and no snow will be able to get in :D
the lower hinge on the jeep is bent open a little bit so the door wont close all the way with out hitting the frame. im hoping to get new hinges soon though!

hey guys. i got the door pretty close to fitting perfect.

It is a lot better than it was before and no snow will be able to get in..

Any chance you could post up some pics?

here are some pictures for you. hope they help

There is a big BUT in all of this. Does your door align properly on the bottom, or just the angle of the windshield?

I have this same problem with mine, but, I was in a hurry... even so, my approach was to align the doors to the tub first, which I did, and the gap is even worse on at the windshield. It doesn't seem like I can pull the windshield back any farther, the gaskets are soo thick, it seems like it'll break off if I try, not to mention my top seems to fit the top of the windshield like it is and it would be futile...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom