Drill press review

Drill press review

IOPort51

NOT the voice of reason Jeep-CJ.com
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj-5
4.2 W/MC2100 carb, 4.0 head W/3 angle valves,SS Header,TFI ignition with MSB-6 offroad module,CS144 140 amp RPS alternator with remote regulator T-150,d-20,Dana 44 with OX lock and disk brakes. D-30 with Spartin locker,
skyjacker 2.5 lift?nitro shocks,31" BFG A/T off road.8000 lb Warn winch, original owner.=^)

2006 Toyota Tacoma

My new Porter Cable Drill press

Could only have been better if it were free. And a lot of it was paid for with Christmas gift cards so I guess that is as close as it gets as it gets.

It is 15" deep with a 6" travel, 12 speeds, is laser guided (no kidding) can be set up for left hand or right hand operation and has a 5/8" chuck which is mounted with a #2 Morse taper. This is rated by some as the best single phase/120V drill press press on the market and I think I have to agree.

Downsides: One of the handles ends has glue that never set, almost like bearing grease , fixable.

It had one of those chuck keys that is spring loaded so you can't leave it in the chuck, I hate those things, they are a PITA and such a good opportunity for natural selection help clean the gene pool.

this sure steps up my game, I like it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom