Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 Jeep Cj5 Renegade
I258 1987 Engine
Aisin Warner Ax15 Transmission
Dana 300 Transfer Case
Just started digging into the drive train and found out the rear drive shaft on my 1980 CJ5 is too long, at static height it was under full compression. After taking it off I measured the static height at 13 and 5/8 from center to center. Anyone possibly know a easy switch from another vehicle who might have had this problem? I was going to cut it down but turns out it was decently worn out. I most likely will have to buy a new used one but am hoping I don't have to buy and cut the next one down as it costs $110 just for cutting and balancing. Anyone have one for sale or knowledge of a fix for me?

Bert
-CJ5

I'm not sure why yours would be to long. Did someone have a longer one put in for a lift which is not there anymore? Some more info on your jeep would help us.
Anyway I don't know of any other vehical that would work. But people are always buying new cv shafts and selling there old stock ones, I would check around.

I believe they switched the Tranny and Transfer Case out to a different one which was longer. I just bought the jeep and am not sure what kind of Transmission is in it yet. I just posted a few pics of the Transfer Case and part of the Transmission in the Gallery if anyone recognizes them.

If you posted them they didn't stick , check again, I don't see them in your gallery.:cool:

I believe they switched the Tranny and Transfer Case out to a different one which was longer. I just bought the jeep and am not sure what kind of Transmission is in it yet. I just posted a few pics of the Transfer Case and part of the Transmission in the Gallery if anyone recognizes them.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom