driveshaft splines

driveshaft splines

drivert51

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1972 CJ5, 304, 3 speed
seems my driveshaft is stuck. it wont extend or collapse without the aid of a 2 pound hammer. i greased it but it comes out the yoke end. any thoughts?

Might need to spray something to break the grease down a little; or maybe its just seized. Either way the lube should help. Use a penetrating liquid type.

The stock ones I took off my jeep are the same way.

Do you have a turkey cooker? If so go buy some diesel put it in a metal 5 gallon bucket heat the diesel up not to hot or it caches fire (keep a piece of wood to through over the top of the bucket just in case it does start on fire also keeps dirt out if you want to reuse it latter) dip your drive lines in this will break up the grease and get into the yokes. Wear rubber gloves when you do this.

a couple good ideas, but taking in to account my 'luck' i will probably not be heating fuel on a turkey cooker, thats just a fireball and trip to the emergency room waiting to happen :D

:D diesel is a light oil it won't blow up unless you add cow poopie lol I've done this a ton and never have had a problem.

That works :D I do hate the smell of burning PB blaster though

:D diesel is a light oil it won't blow up unless you add cow poopie lol I've done this a ton and never have had a problem.

hahahha wtf!! I used to work on a farm and never heard of this.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom