Dumbest thing anyone has said about your Jeep!

Dumbest thing anyone has said about your Jeep!

BrockGrimes

Jeep-CJ.com Archive Master
Media
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
ON THE HUNT AGAIN
Got this idea from another thread.
Tell us the dumbest thing anyone has ever said about your jeep.

I had a guy tell me he had a willies just like mine.
I drove a '79 CJ5 .

Every time someone calls it a "car".

74JeepCJ-5007.jpg

OK see that big black bag on the rear of the Jeep? The one that say "HILIFT" on it?
I've got (I hesitate to call her a) gal at work that is so convinced that is a SNORKEL that after nearly 2 years her nickname for me is <you guessed it> SNORKEL. Every time she sees me she calls me that, even after many many times explaining that I DO NOT have a snorkel on the Jeep, its a HiLift Jack. I don't even have it on the CJ anymore, yet she still....ARGG never mind it drives me nuts thinking about it....

:laugh:

Ex girlfriend " You really love that piece of :dung: more than me dont you? " Truer words have never been spoken. :laugh:

Last edited:
I have my HiLift in one of those bags mounted to the roof rack on my XJ.

One day driving on to the base in morning, one of the rent-a-cops at the gate stops me and asks "what's in the bag, a gun?"

And he was dead serious, I wasn't going anywhere unless I had a good answer as to what was in the HiLift bag.

Um , possibility she aint talkin about you hi-lift.
biggrin.gif
now, now...lets not go there...

Oh wait, maybe your onto somethin' there....EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWw not with it I mean her!

Sad part is, Her and her hubby both bought matching YJs this last summer....so she thinks we should be best friends now....

I always thought it was kind of dumb when they asked if it was four wheel drive.

Women, you can't live with them and you just can't shoot them.
:biggun:

On my TJ I decided to [ut a side of the hood sticker on it
of course I did not want Renegade or something it was not so I had 2 stickers made, "Limited Baja Edition", ok you see where the SN comes from. Well anyway that jeep was built up really nice, I had more aftermarket in it than It cost brand new and it got checked out a lot.
You would not believe how many people stopped me, or even the wife if she took it somewhere, to tell us that they had a brother or cousin or someone who had a Limited Baja Edition too and it was a really nice jeep. It was quite the joke between us and we are going to put that moniker on teh 67 also.

Had a guy driving a bone stock new Sport edition ask me if I thought mine would wheel as good as his since I didn't have "Trail Rated" stickers on mine. :rolleyes:

When someone asks me a stupid question due to ignorance I try to help them, but if they "TELL" me something stupid about my jeep I walk away.

I love the "Nice jeep but I woulda done it this way........."

I had a guy tell me my jeep was a piece of :dung: then hopped in a cavalier and drove away....WTF?

Had a couple ricers want to race......my CJ5 .....4" lift 33" super swamper TSL's.... no top no doors....race. I said ok follow me.... I drove off the curb in the parking lot, them laughing and joking about the upcoming race apparently didn't notice me drive off and tried to drive off too. Apparently a lowered chevy cobalt isn't good for offroading and got high centered on the curb. I stopped and said "Hey Fast and Furious let me know when you get off that curb we'll race again."

I used to get the 'Let's race' :dung: all the time.

My reply was always the same - OK but for pink slips. Once in the qtr mile and once in the orange groves (sugar sand). Add the two times together and the lowest one wins!

Never had one person take me up on the offer! :laugh:

Had a guy in a truck say wanna race I said sure I know just the place follow me.
Turned off the highway onto a dirt road, about a half mile down I turned and zipped out through an old corn field on my great uncles property. For some reason he didn't follow, LOL.

gotta agree with the one where everyone wants to call their vehicle that has no top a Jeep ( sammy, land cruiser, Sidekick, ect,ect....).:mad:
And NO it's not a car and it's not "cute", ARGGG.

gotta agree with the one where everyone wants to call their vehicle that has no top a Jeep ( sammy, land cruiser, Sidekick, ect,ect....).:mad:

Or, when everyone tells me I have a nice "truck". Of course, I don't get those comments anymore. Rust Bucket is going through a body resto. Apparently, it's not a "nice truck" unless it has a nice paint job!

Face it boys, every one really wants a jeep.

Or, when everyone tells me I have a nice "truck". Of course, I don't get those comments anymore. Rust Bucket is going through a body resto. Apparently, it's not a "nice truck" unless it has a nice paint job!

I prefer people call my Jeep a "truck" rather than a car. Cjs are nowhere near like a car, but can do a lot of the same things a truck can, so why not?
Most of the people in this neck of the woods call mine a "monster Jeep". Apparently the fact it has big tires on it and its loud makes it a monster? I can handle that! :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom