dumping tbi going carb FUEL pump question!

dumping tbi going carb FUEL pump question!

biohazard cj

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
78 cj 5
yea im getting rid of the tbi setup on my cj, its up for grabs if anyone wants.

now i have a carb but i need to get a fuel pump. i was wondering are all fuel pumps for the amc small block v8s the same? we as far as bolting on motor and actually pumping.?

my motor is a 73 from a j truck, now the 360 is in my 78 cj. i know i have a 78 distributer but idk what pump to get.

Sorry I'm not sure about the pump. I'm just wondering why your getting rid of the tbi, I love mine.

They all should bolt up - the differences between the AMC V8 pumps are the inlet and outlets.

I would be interested in knowing why you are dumping the tbi as well? I am thinking seriously about changing mine over to tbi. Everything I have seen posted on diff sites peeps say that they love the tbi.

Why not just get a low pressure electric fuel pump and use a pressure regulator?

May know a buyer, what FI are you running? How old? Condition? Got photos?

well, i think my 360 is running around 300 hp. and my tbi is a 2bbl design, good for only 300. i was haveing some issues with it at first it turns out it was nothing more then broken hose clamp on the pick up. so when my enging is upstairs it doesnt seem to have to much pull to it and almost stumbles and i am talking around 5 grand. if you are running a stock engine it prolly is great for you. right now the kit is working great, i get around 17 mpg on the hwy. 13 town. it is the HOLLEY projection 670cfm tbi kit. the ecm is the first generation of the holley tbi kits. made between 1983 and 1988. it is a analog ecm uses a screw driver to tune. very easy to tune. the ecm is controled by rpm, eng temp, tps. thats it. i have some pictures if you message me your email ill email them to you.

the only thing is i think the pump is starting to get weak. im not sure.

I might be interested in the tbi system, I have a AMC 304 with a 2 bbl on it and the carb is trashed so i have to replace.

:poke:is this the mega squirt project I see flying out across the horizon?

Why not just get a low pressure electric fuel pump and use a pressure regulator?

May know a buyer, what FI are you running? How old? Condition? Got photos?

Well I had not thought of that, could probably catabolize some parts out of it. Actually have a buddy looking to FI his boat on a tight budget.

you can find these holley kits for AMC 150 -300 complete on ebay if you do multible searchs. like holley fuel injection, projection, proinjection. holley projection

like that and u find some veryonce in a while for good price. all u need if new feul lines

I hate to see ya take that FI off but I've still got that Holley I'll trade ya for it.:)
I think I have a electric Holley pump I can send with it.:D
Ya would still need a regulator.

im really hoping to find a good carb that i can just throw on the engine and go without rebuilding. i just bought a new holley fuel pump for the tbi kit to see if thats my problem cause the truck died on the hwy today and the pump stopped working. so yea who ever ends up getting the kit will also have a new pump

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom