sapulpa cj

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1990 dodge dakota
1992 jeep cherokee
1978 cj-7
2000 zrx1100 streetbike
what do i need to do to get rid of the duraspark and put a hei distributor in a 78 CJ7?

this system has been hacked into and cut and spliced in several places, so i am thinking of doing away with it and going to something a lot simpler.

any advice or suggestions will be appreciated as this jeep has a custom dash anyways and i want to get rid of a bunch of the old stock wiring for a stock dash also and make the harness as simple as possible.

i have a painless wiring universal fusebox and am building a new custom harness.

can a hei distributor be ran ok w/out the module box?

thanks in advance for any help.

I am looking into hooking up the HEI disto I just bought and I saw in another post here to run that 12V wire right from the solenoid I terminal should be thick red wire on front of FORD solenoid if so equipped :chug: and I agree cant get simpler

thanks for the replies,who makes the best universal/hotrod type of fuse box for the money.

i was gonna use a painless,but it does not really meet my needs.

lookin for something water proof / resistant.

any opinions will be appreciated - thanks in advance

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$110.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks