Electrical

Electrical

Ballred82

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1974 CJ 5...lots of work to be done! Ready to start digging in....
Awesome site!

I recently purchased my 2nd jeep, a 1974 Jeep CJ5 ! I am exstatic, and have a few questions. It has been sitting for 5 years, previous owner replaced starter, battery, water pump, and the gas tank. It seems to be running pretty good, but I wanted to know what I should do next? It has some rust on it, so I am guessing I need to change fluids, etc...let me know what you guys/gals think!
Thanks
brandon

Re: Your Profile.

Awesome site!

I recently purchased my 2nd jeep, a 1974 Jeep CJ5 ! I am exstatic, and have a few questions. It has been sitting for 5 years, previous owner replaced starter, battery, water pump, and the gas tank. It seems to be running pretty good, but I wanted to know what I should do next? It has some rust on it, so I am guessing I need to change fluids, etc...let me know what you guys/gals think!
Thanks
brandon
Welcome to the site Brandon.
What to do next? Check out this thread by BajaEdition
http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f49/what-do-after-getting-cj-home-3563/
It will help you make sure everything is is good running condition. After that is done we might be able to help you get it more trail ready. Maybe you could give it more power. Not sure what you want to do from there but let us know. You could start your own thread with specifics about what you intend to do with your Jeep.

Re: Your Profile.

Great Idea! Question for you, fuel gauge is not working, previous owner installed a new gas tank,.....so the temp and oil gauges are working and speedometer, but not gas gauge? Any idea what I should check? Possibly a fuse, something the guy did not install back correctly...
Thanks for your help and the post below!
B:)

Welcome to the site Brandon.
What to do next? Check out this thread by BajaEdition
http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f49/what-do-after-getting-cj-home-3563/
It will help you make sure everything is is good running condition. After that is done we might be able to help you get it more trail ready. Maybe you could give it more power. Not sure what you want to do from there but let us know. You could start your own thread with specifics about what you intend to do with your Jeep.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom