Engine Swap

Engine Swap

77CJ7Lee

Jeeper
Thanks
I have a 77 CJ7, It has an AMC 360 with an automatic, I believe the trans is a 700R4 Quadra-Trac. I need to know if i can bolt a Ford 302 up to that tranny, if not it's a complete drivetrain swap on the books for me. Any info would be great in my journey to find the right power for my jeep.

I have a 77 CJ7, It has an AMC 360 with an automatic, I believe the trans is a 700R4 Quadra-Trac. I need to know if i can bolt a Ford 302 up to that tranny, if not it's a complete drivetrain swap on the books for me. Any info would be great in my journey to find the right power for my jeep.

Are saying the PO swapped in a 700R4?

no, the tranny is out of an early 70's jeep wagoneer. so i imagine the engine came out of the same. I have a 302 ford motor that i want to put in my jeep and i need to know if the tranny will bolt up or do i have to have an adapter. if i do need an adapter, where could i find one and how much?

no, the tranny is out of an early 70's jeep wagoneer. so i imagine the engine came out of the same. I have a 302 ford motor that i want to put in my jeep and i need to know if the tranny will bolt up or do i have to have an adapter. if i do need an adapter, where could i find one and how much?

I believe the stock transmission in those Jeeps, was a "Turbo400".

it might be, but what i am wondering is if i can bolt a ford motor up to it? or am i going to have to change out the whole drivetrain?

it might be, but what i am wondering is if i can bolt a ford motor up to it? or am i going to have to change out the whole drivetrain?

I don't know of anyone who makes a ford to "Quadra Trac" adapter.
How about a AMC V8?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks