Engine Swap

Engine Swap

77CJ7Lee

Jeeper
Thanks
I have a 77 CJ7 , It has an AMC 360 with an automatic, I believe the Transmission is a 700R4 Quadra-Trac. I need to know if i can bolt a Ford 302 up to that tranny, if not it's a complete drivetrain swap on the books for me. Any info would be great in my journey to find the right power for my jeep.

I have a 77 CJ7 , It has an AMC 360 with an automatic, I believe the Transmission is a 700R4 Quadra-Trac. I need to know if i can bolt a Ford 302 up to that tranny, if not it's a complete drivetrain swap on the books for me. Any info would be great in my journey to find the right power for my jeep.

Are saying the PO swapped in a 700R4?

no, the tranny is out of an early 70's jeep wagoneer. so i imagine the engine came out of the same. I have a 302 ford motor that i want to put in my jeep and i need to know if the tranny will bolt up or do i have to have an adapter. if i do need an adapter, where could i find one and how much?

no, the tranny is out of an early 70's jeep wagoneer. so i imagine the engine came out of the same. I have a 302 ford motor that i want to put in my jeep and i need to know if the tranny will bolt up or do i have to have an adapter. if i do need an adapter, where could i find one and how much?

I believe the stock Transmission in those Jeeps, was a "Turbo400".

it might be, but what i am wondering is if i can bolt a ford motor up to it? or am i going to have to change out the whole drivetrain?

it might be, but what i am wondering is if i can bolt a ford motor up to it? or am i going to have to change out the whole drivetrain?

I don't know of anyone who makes a ford to "Quadra Trac" adapter.
How about a AMC V8?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom