engine swapping help

toby78

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ-7, 350 chevy
dana 44 F 30 R
3 in suspension lift
Can someone please help. I am in the process of putting a 350 chev in my 1978 CJ7 and I am looking to put a Transmission out of a toyota land cruiser, the question is would that end up being too long and end up making my pinion angle too much.

Why not run a Chevy Transmission ?? You won't need any expensive adapters, and I'm sure there is a Chev Transmission that will match your crawl ratio of the Yota box.

Unless you are dead set on the Yota stuff, it would be easier and cheaper to use Chevy. So what year is the Yota stuff from?

I appreciate the replies first of all. And the reason I didn't plan on going with the chevy tranny is because I was told that it was too long. I am new at this but looking forward to learning all I can, so all info is appreciated.

A Chevy tranny is one of the most common transmissions to put it. Im doing the exact swap as you except im using a TH350K. So far, no problems.

Ok I will have to look for a manual chevy Transmission with Transfer Case , this sounds like the easiest way to go. I really had no set plan yet but the info i got here helped me a lot already so thank you everybody.

Ok I will have to look for a manual chevy Transmission with Transfer Case , this sounds like the easiest way to go. I really had no set plan yet but the info i got here helped me a lot already so thank you everybody.

Make sure and read up on that link, and also keep in mind the t case will need to be married to the tranny, and have a passenger side drop for the front drive shaft / line.

I was looking at my Transmission and it is a T-18 1B and I am not sure yet but I think this might be a rare Transmission so I dont know if this is the best way to go. I will have to check more on it but things are going good so far on my swap just trying to figure out the tranny options.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom