Exceptional Vehicle......

Exceptional Vehicle......

Hedgehog

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
-1975 Jeep CJ5, 360 V8, Headers, Duel Exhaust,T15 transmission, D-20 Transfer case, Twin Stick Conversion, Warn 8274 Winch
-1951 Willys Wagon, 4 cylinder, "F" head, little rust, very close to stock
This is probably not the place for this and I truly wish I had a picture of it. But while at tractor supply this weekend there was an old Toyota Landcruiser in the parking lot that could do nothing other than catch any jeepers eye. At first glance it was to long. About 30 years ago the owner cut the body right in front of the rear wheels, then cut another body right behind the doors, THEN added 12" between the two and painted it that military desert tan you see all the time. To top it all off you could not see where he did it. He married the body to a full sized Chevy truck. All running on 37" military tires that absolutely looked right on the rig. In every nook and cranny there were the tools for the offroad trade. Like axes and saws tucked in out of the way hangers, a custom made tool box full of spares and straps behind the rear seat, along with 2 gas tanks (37 gallons of fuel). 1/4" double stacked steel bumpers and a nicely hidden and protected winch up front. Naturally a full roll cage and competition seat belts. Along with a set of darelin (sp) gun racks he made that I'd pay good money for. The best part is the truck was well used, desert pin striping and loving usage wear on the entire vehicle, obviously not a garage queen by any means.

The truck inspired me quite a bit. Since I don't have back seats, I now need to build one of those tool boxes for behind my seats. I hope to see this rig again, hopefully with a camera this time.

Sounds way cool I hope you can get pics of it I would love to see it.

Holy :dung: when you said it inspired you quite a bit I thought you were going to lengthen the Cj 5. :eek:

Should've known better.

Peter - A stretched CJ5 or better known as a CJ6 would be cool. Unfortunately I have no room in the garage, not to forget the skillset to properly accomplish the job correctly. The Toyota was very professionally done though. Even looking inside the tub, the metal work looks factory done. The man has skills that I likely will never have. It was his arrangement of the tools that would be an achievable goal.

What I'd like to see is a CJ7 with the square doors cut out to add a proper CJ5 hump and maybe a fuel filler blank. Now that would be a jeep.

Hey, my heart is broken over your marryment over my unrequited love for all things CJ5. The indignity of it all. :) Just kidding I understand, Jesus was misunderstood as well ....

Hedge, we must get you a cell phone from this century. Hell, even my old flip phone had a camera feature (insert poking stick emoji here)

Now is a crummy time to bring up pictures but look up Posi's extended Cj 5 when you can. It's one of the best kept secrets on the net. :laugh:

My cell phone has a camera. Where it falls short is in sending and receiving pictures. My phone internet access is turned OFF and I don't plan on turning it on. There is something about paying for a phone AND paying again for a data plan that seems just plain wrong.

I will begrudgingly admit that the cameras in modern smart phones are very good. How they stuff so much in such a small package amazes me. Then there are all the apes (yes, I know it's app) available for your phones. Pretty soon they will figure out a way to turn an everyday phone into an MRI or a ray gun or an atomic bomb .... wait a minute, it appears that Samsung has t hat one figured out, it's a little light on megatons but effective on airplanes ( get it, joke on exploding batteries in cell phones).

Peter - I do remember mention of Posi's CJ5/CJ6. I can only wish to have his skill set.

Now is a crummy time to bring up pictures but look up Posi's extended Cj 5 when you can. It's one of the best kept secrets on the net. :laugh:

Interested, but how. I searched and it brings up posi-trac...

What I'd like to see is a CJ7 with the square doors cut out to add a proper CJ5 hump and maybe a fuel filler blank. Now that would be a jeep.

That "proper CJ5 hump" is what makes a Jeep, look like a Jeep.

:) Truth that my friend. :)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks