Factory Tach

Factory Tach

judge

Jeeper
Thanks
I hopes this the correct forum for my question ---Where on the dash does a "factory" tach go?? I have an 83 CJ7 with a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l engine. Ebay has several factory tachs listed . Looks as if they go into a hole in the dash somewhere, but there is no blank/hole on my dash and in fact, little space to put one. In the photos on eBay , the tach's look small, like 2 1/2 inches. Correct?. Would be hard to read, I think. Maybe a column one is better.

Last edited:
dash.jpg

I think they are 2 1/2", I'm not positive. I don't think it's difficult to read, where it's at makes it kind of easy to just glance down at.

Thanks for the photo --now I know where it goes. I probably will put a OEM tach there. Is that a clock on the left side?(Don't need a clock -I'm retired!) I really don't need a tach, but I like them, as I can't imagine me pushing the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l to its limit. I don't think there will be any more power.

Last edited:
Yes, that's a factory analog clock. I got lucky and found a CJ with all of the factory options you could get in '78, a tach, a clock and a dash pad, it's freaking loaded :)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom