fiberglass tub rocker protection

fiberglass tub rocker protection

robert1973

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
77 CJ7
i have a question about using these type of rocker guards on a fiberglass tub. CJ/YJ Rocker Protection, my question is most of the units like these require drilling through the tub, and it gives me concern about drilling numerous holes in a row. Isn't that setting up for a failure, basically a fault line sorta, even from simple light abuse? I'm also considering just frame mounted units like these TOMKEN MACHINE - Search Results
What are every ones thought on this issue, will a fib.tub hold up to the kind you drill through the tub?

Last edited:
i would think if you put a metal plate on the inside that was the same length as the rocker guard, you wouldnt have any problem, as long as it was thick enough.

I prefer the tomkens approach personally. They are direct to the frame and my old school nerfs have save my glass tub too many times. I like the newer square models like the tomkens set up.

i agree tht frame mounting is best, i was just giving an alternative method. if you run a body lift, it might be a bit of a gap

can you actually put a jack under these? and lift ??:cool:
I do like the design and the price is not that bad , if you start putting the numbers of a fab together.:cool:

From every review or bit of information i've searched you can use the tomken's as a lift point. One of the reasons i like them too is for that fact they are attached to frame and not body. I'd rather lift on frame than just the body, specially being the fiberglass tub i have.

I went with the frame mounted gaurds (steps) on my glass body.
The only difference is mine are homemade and welded to the frame.
IO, I can jack my jeep up with mine.

I went with the frame mounted gaurds (steps) on my glass body.
The only difference is mine are homemade and welded to the frame.
IO, I can jack my jeep up with mine.
Do you know off hand what you have wrapped up in cost on making yours?

Do you know off hand what you have wrapped up in cost on making yours?

That's not a fair question. I work in a machine shop and got the 2x4 tubing from the "extras" pile at work. The owner asked me for $50 for the tubing and some 2x2 tube for the braces. Than he helped me weld it up.:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom