Front Dana 30 drum to disc, What fits?

Front Dana 30 drum to disc, What fits?
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ7, 304 V8, T150 3 speed
I recently purchased a 77' CJ7 with a Dana 30 that has drum brakes up front, which I believe to have been swapped out for the original discs. I dont think Jeep put drums up front on anything after 76'. I want to go back to discs. Obviously I know if I track down an axle out of a CJ with disc brakes I can just swap out. What I want to know is, is there any other vehicles I can swap out the parts with. Is there another vehicle I can basicly just un-bolt the steering knuckle and bolt it right to the axle on my CJ7 . Just triying to get options as tracking down a reasonbly priced cj axle that is in good shape isnt always easy.:confused:

I recently purchased a 77' CJ7 with a Dana 30 that has drum brakes up front, which I believe to have been swapped out for the original discs. I dont think Jeep put drums up front on anything after 76'. I want to go back to discs. Obviously I know if I track down an axle out of a CJ with disc brakes I can just swap out. What I want to know is, is there any other vehicles I can swap out the parts with. Is there another vehicle I can basicly just un-bolt the steering knuckle and bolt it right to the axle on my CJ7 . Just triying to get options as tracking down a reasonbly priced cj axle that is in good shape isnt always easy.:confused:

You could get a set of '72-73 jeep commando axles (Dana 30 and 44) and put under your CJ. Same length as the standard length axles.
Good points- they are normally 3.73 axles and the rear is a Dana 44 . Spring perches are in the same location for SUA.
Bad point- Front brakes are still drums. Swap out a '78-'80 disc brake knuckle assembly to the front axle.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom