Ft. End Noise and Vibration

Ft. End Noise and Vibration

firewoodman64

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ5, Fiberglass body(complete), 304 V8
Is it possible to have some vibration and noise in the front end at times and still need to replace the wheel bearings?????

What I am saying is usually the bearings will always make a noise wont they????????

Bad wheel bearings sound like a cheap set of tires. You can shift the weight of vehicle from side to side while driving and listen for the roar to change pitch. This will help diagnose left or right side. The only time a wheel bearing causes a vibration, is if it fails in extreme circumstance or rolling torque was never set correctly. Good luck.

no wheel bearings shouldn't make any noise assuming they are in good shape, packed with grease, and torqued properly

This is absolutely correct. A wheel bearing shouldn't make noise.

Bad wheel bearings sound like a cheap set of tires. You can shift the weight of vehicle from side to side while driving and listen for the roar to change pitch. This will help diagnose left or right side. The only time a wheel bearing causes a vibration, is if it fails in extreme circumstance or rolling torque was never set correctly. Good luck.

What if you HAVE cheap tires? Is there another to tell if wheel bearings are bad???:confused:

What if you HAVE cheap tires? Is there another to tell if wheel bearings are bad???:confused:

Lift the wheel off of the ground. If the tire will move in at the bottom and out at the top, or in at the top and out at the bottom (back and forth that way) and the bearing is adjusted (tightened) correctly, it shouldn't move. If it does, the bearing is most likely bad.

Help need $$$
Bad Wheel bearings in front. I replaced. Now to the rear I guess I need to do them to. I am still getting noise from somewhere and some vibration in the drive train. How much oil does the trany and Transfer Case hold guess I will go ahead and change that while I check the out put shaft and bearing. I just need to start a project on it I guess. I may as well call it "Project X" because I am sure the money will start to flow now.

If your still getting a vibration from the front end, check the ball joints. Everytime I hit a bump at road speeds my 8 would act like the lug nuts were loose.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom