Fuel Injection

yes, thanks to the earlier posts I was able to make a good decision about the years that I wanted to look at. I am told that the High output head is from '91 on. I can get the head later.
The Head on the '93 cannot be sold, it is most likely junk anyway. Anyone know the correct casting numbers to look for?

7120 and 0163 (?) are the better ones head castings from what I've read on the internet. However, I think JP magazine debunked that in that their November issue.

Yeah. There's a good article on the web that explains why some are more preferrable than others. It references the size of the exhaust valves in relation to the intake valves. It seemed to make sense to a novice like me.

I have 78 CJ5 AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l I put in the mopar with it you get a exhaust and intake manifold that are not mated. yea it is a little more expensive but it is well worth it I have way more power and get 20-22 mpg if I do not put my foot into it. It is legal in calif.

I have 78 CJ5 AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l I put in the mopar with it you get a exhaust and intake manifold that are not mated. yea it is a little more expensive but it is well worth it I have way more power and get 20-22 mpg if I do not put my foot into it. It is legal in calif.

Good to hear, That $$$ is a hard one to swallow though for me. How are you checking your milage? I know my speedo is way off and most probably are with all the gearing changes and tire sizes people use. I have yet to check but with the ca. AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l I have it seems pretty bad and no where near 20-22 so that would be welcome just for the better range issue.
Have you had it smoged yet? I know they say Ca. legal and all.

Good to hear, That $$$ is a hard one to swallow though for me. How are you checking your milage? I know my speedo is way off and most probably are with all the gearing changes and tire sizes people use. I have yet to check but with the ca. AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l I have it seems pretty bad and no where near 20-22 so that would be welcome just for the better range issue.
Have you had it smoged yet? I know they say Ca. legal and all.

can you find speedo gears for the Dana 20 , I know they are hard to find for the Dana 300 . I got lucky and found the right one on ebay for mine.

I am having a hard time finding speedo gears for my Dana 20 . I have found a few places to get Dana 300 gears. But finding them for a Dana 20 is next to impossible. If anyone has any luck let me know.
I need a gear with 17 teeth Jeep P/N 5351817 - SW#890208

sorry don't know about the 20, but where did you find the ones for the 300?

I am not sure what it is called but they have a numbered tooth gear you can swap out for your stock gear that goes into the tranny were the speedo connects that will give you the right reading. I have had it smogged 3 times passes no problem.

We are getting off the original topic of this thread but to find the correct speedometer gear take the number of teeth on your present speedo gear and change it by the same percent as your speedometer is off. If your speedometer is too high then you need more teeth.
In other words if your present speedo gear has 37 teeth and your speedometer is 8% too high then you need a gear with 40 teeth.

I put a mopar on my CJ5 and did not have to go to a ref?

Do you know how the law reads with respect to that?

I've read horror stories on guy's doing a 4.0 throttle body upgrade and that is mopar stuff too. One story from a guy who got dragged over the coals from the ref then he just decided to go to a regular smog station and was passed.:confused:
I was really wanting to go efi but cooled down a bit after reading about the dificulty with inspection, maybe you only hear the bad stuff?

I am having a hard time finding speedo gears for my Dana 20 . I have found a few places to get Dana 300 gears. But finding them for a Dana 20 is next to impossible. If anyone has any luck let me know.
I need a gear with 17 teeth Jeep P/N 5351817 - SW#890208
Try Nevada Speedometer 1-775-358-7422, they are where I got my gear from.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom