Fuel Tank

Fuel Tank

Niedhogg

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 Jeep CJ7 Renegade with 304ci V8, TH400 auto, Quadratrac T-case, Stock 20 and 30 rears with no mods yet, not sure of the gear ratio.. 4" Softride Superlift, w/widetrac shock towers and 35x12.50x15 BFG Mud-Terrains

'76 CJ5, 232 ci, T-150 3-speed, D20 T-case, Corp. 20 rear w/full float axles and lockout hubs and Detroit auto locker, D30 front w/lockout hubs, gear ratio is unknown..
Since I got my Jeep in boxes, I have no idea how to install the fuel tank...:confused:

My rear frame rails have been boxed in and welded up, I bought a set of new tank straps because I didn't see any in my pile of parts, thinking that they just hooked into the frame or the body somewhere and run underneath the tank to hold it up, like any car or truck. But then I see these complete tank kits where the straps hold the tank into the skid plate/box over the top, and then it is attached to the frame.

What am I missing, I have a tank, a set of brand new straps for a CJ, and a plastic skid cover that may or may not be for a CJ, and from a Wrangler...:confused:

The skid plate has the bracket as part of it. There are three holes in the front and four in the back. The front holes are in a stringer for the floor and the rear holes are in the rear cross member.

You should have a steel skid plate that supports the tank, the tank has a strap or 2? over the top securing it to the skid which is then bolted under the frame along the rear cross member and the next cross member forward.

You should have a steel skid plate that supports the tank, the tank has a strap or 2? over the top securing it to the skid which is then bolted under the frame along the rear cross member and the next cross member forward.

Dammit, no skid plate... well, thanks guys. Guess I have to open the wallet again...

Has it ever been said, that these things are money pits???:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom