Glove Box Insert

Glove Box Insert

musciab

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1974 CJ 5, 6 cyl 3 speed, AMC 20 Rear, Dana 30 Front
So I've been told that the glove box inserts were first made of cmplressed paper, is that true? But anyways, I was wondering if anyone has made their own and if so do you happen to have a pattern to go off of or dimensions? I want to make it out of some scrap sheet metal I have, just dont know how to cut it yet. Let me know if anyone knows or finds anything. Thanks.

Yes, a cardboard glove box. Brilliant idea.
Actually it amazes me that many of them are still in one piece 30 years later.
Years ago I bought a plastic glove box for a CJ7 I had.

Whew!, the glove box build was something else. By the time and money I would have to spend for band aids, beer (looks like a half day project for sure), and anger management therapy; I think I would be better off to buy one.

Looks cool though, sometimes the personal satisfaction of doing it yourself is a reward in itself.

Years ago I bought a plastic glove box for the CJ.

Plastic was around $20.
It's more than doubled now. $50 at JCWhitney.
I_142134_CL_1.jpg

That's a lot for a plastic box.
Oh, I forgot: you also get screws.

luckely i work for an injection molding plant that supplies parts to chrysler, a lot for the new jeep wranglers (jk program). maybe i can find something here that will work and not have to buy a thing seeing that making something up will be rough and parts like that are expensive (even though it cost under $1 to make). haha. thanks for the replies.

i just removed my original 1981 CJ7 glove box...it was in such nice condition i didnt even realize it was paper until i started pulling it out. crazy.

i pretty much never have a top on so i needed to trade that thing out for something that locks.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks