help with cross-member

help with cross-member

rambo

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
F-150 2004. CJ-7 1984. Harley FLHX 2007.
Hi all,
Can someone tell me what is the measurment for the rear cross-member on a 1984 CJ7. That is the last cross-member, the one where the bumberettes attached to. Mine is rusted to the point of no return. I need to know how long it is, how wide and what is the distance between the two body mounts, from middle to middle. I should be able to do another one stronger.
Thank you.

Hi all,
Can someone tell me what is the measurment for the rear cross-member on a 1984 CJ7. That is the last cross-member, the one where the bumberettes attached to. Mine is rusted to the point of no return. I need to know how long it is, how wide and what is the distance between the two body mounts, from middle to middle. I should be able to do another one stronger.
Thank you.

I think this drawing I have only shows where the body mounts go to, but it may give you an idea...Maybe someone has a better diagram out there.
71b3f3a3.jpg

BTW, the crossmember your looking for is "J"...43.50 inches ( or 1104.900 mm in Canadian)

Thank you my littleCJ5, with this I have the distance between mounts.:chug:

Mike, if you can measure the full lenght of the cross member it will be apreciated. I will have both measurment that I need.

I just measured my 83CJ 7 and its 49.75 long, has a 2in upper lip,is 3in tall and has a lower lip1.5in so its a C channel rear cross member :chug:

they sell those aftermarket

I just measured my 83CJ 7 and its 49.75 long, has a 2in upper lip,is 3in tall and has a lower lip1.5in so its a C channel rear cross member :chug:

Exellent, thank you Gert. I tought about buying an after markrt one but if it's like the factury one I found it a bit flismy or thin but I will look into it. If I make one it will be with a thicker metal so I can have a solid base for an anchor when playing in the mud.

Can wait to put it all back together, other than tearing it apart and paint parts I had no time for it as I am building a house at the same time, but my priorities were straight, I built the garage first to store the jeep and parts.

Merci encore to all of you::chug::chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$110.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks