help with cross-member

help with cross-member

rambo

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
F-150 2004. CJ-7 1984. Harley FLHX 2007.
Hi all,
Can someone tell me what is the measurment for the rear cross-member on a 1984 CJ7 . That is the last cross-member, the one where the bumberettes attached to. Mine is rusted to the point of no return. I need to know how long it is, how wide and what is the distance between the two body mounts, from middle to middle. I should be able to do another one stronger.
Thank you.

Hi all,
Can someone tell me what is the measurment for the rear cross-member on a 1984 CJ7 . That is the last cross-member, the one where the bumberettes attached to. Mine is rusted to the point of no return. I need to know how long it is, how wide and what is the distance between the two body mounts, from middle to middle. I should be able to do another one stronger.
Thank you.

I think this drawing I have only shows where the body mounts go to, but it may give you an idea...Maybe someone has a better diagram out there.
71b3f3a3.jpg

BTW, the crossmember your looking for is "J"...43.50 inches ( or 1104.900 mm in Canadian)

Thank you my littleCJ5, with this I have the distance between mounts.:chug:

Mike, if you can measure the full lenght of the cross member it will be apreciated. I will have both measurment that I need.

I just measured my 83CJ 7 and its 49.75 long, has a 2in upper lip,is 3in tall and has a lower lip1.5in so its a C channel rear cross member :chug:

they sell those aftermarket

I just measured my 83CJ 7 and its 49.75 long, has a 2in upper lip,is 3in tall and has a lower lip1.5in so its a C channel rear cross member :chug:

Exellent, thank you Gert. I tought about buying an after markrt one but if it's like the factury one I found it a bit flismy or thin but I will look into it. If I make one it will be with a thicker metal so I can have a solid base for an anchor when playing in the mud.

Can wait to put it all back together, other than tearing it apart and paint parts I had no time for it as I am building a house at the same time, but my priorities were straight, I built the garage first to store the jeep and parts.

Merci encore to all of you::chug::chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom