Help ??

Help ??

Nixon

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
76 CJ5 258
Anyone help me identify this. I have been going through my CJ5 and have found some things removed and not hooked up right. This has me stumped . It's not hooked to anything. Haven't been able to find it in a manual. Thanks for any help and info.

I think I know but could you get a pic from further away.
Need to see the stuff around it to be sure.

:D It's your fuel pump! Someone must have installed an electric pump. If you don't want to keep it, you can buy a block off plate for it. Just pop the 2 bolts holding it inplace, pull the pump, and bolt on the plate to cover the hole.

Last edited:
Thats your fuel pump. If its not running thats probably why. :D If it is the p.o. opted for an electric pump. You'll most likely here a "clicking" when you turn on the key while the pump fills the line. thquote=Nixon;16147] Anyone help me identify this. I have been going through my CJ5 and have found some things removed and not hooked up right. This has me stumped . It's not hooked to anything. Haven't been able to find it in a manual. Thanks for any help and info.[/quote]

Guess I was late to the game. Some of you guys are constantly on here. :p:D
:D It's your fuel pump! Someone must have installed an electric pump. If you don't want to keep it, you can buy a block off plate for it. Just pop the 2 bolts holding it inplace, pull the pump, and bolt on the plate to cover the hole.

I was gonna say fuel pump but I just couldn't believe someone left it and left it uncovered.

Way late in the game but fuel pump, like said if an electric pump were installed I would remove it and use a cover ( like CW stated).

I'm thinking its the fuel pump

Or is it too late in the game to say that? :laugh:

id have to say your all right. its the fuel pump :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom