high rpm miss

high rpm miss

dalefan88

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Media
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj5 258, t150, dana 20 transfer case, dana 30 front, 20 rear,warn hubs,2.5" procomp lift,teamrush,msd box,mc2100 carb,hedman header,clifford intake,optima battery, ford shock towers.
well i finally got to take the jeep out after putting the clifford intake and heddman header on. runs really good but one thing. when i get up to about 3 grand in first and getting ready to shift into second im getting a miss. this is the only time. any ideas?

High speed is usually electrical related.

Distributor in good shape?

High speed is usually electrical related.

Distributor in good shape?

new dizzy, plugs(e3), cap & rotor(bwd select), accel wires, and street fire(msd) ign box. cap & rotor are the team rush.

Clean fuel filter? Lift pump pumping enough volume? Not sucking air anywhere? Best i've got.

Only does it in 1st at 3000rpm?

Clean fuel filter? Lift pump pumping enough volume? Not sucking air anywhere? Best i've got.

Only does it in 1st at 3000rpm?

i got two new fuel filters. a inline one before the pump and a new stock one before the carb. ya only in first at about 3000rpm before i shift into second.

i got two new fuel filters. a inline one before the pump and a new stock one before the carb. ya only in first at about 3000rpm before i shift into second.

I'd try taking the filter before the pump off, stock pumps have a hard time pulling fuel through a filter.

So your saying in 2nd and 3rd gear you can go past 3000rpm with no miss right.

I'd try taking the filter before the pump off, stock pumps have a hard time pulling fuel through a filter.

So your saying in 2nd and 3rd gear you can go past 3000rpm with no miss right.

sorry been working a ton of hours at the new job. ya old dog only first to second dont notice it second to third. its weird.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom