How are the wiper motor wires routed to the wiper motor?

How are the wiper motor wires routed to the wiper motor?

suburban99

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7 304 V8
2011 Silverado 4x4
2004.5 Dodge Cummins Diesel
1997 Porsche Boxster
As title says...my jeep did not have wipers installed when I bought it. I have re-installed the windshield but need to know the route the wires take to get to the motor...

As title says...my jeep did not have wipers installed when I bought it. I have re-installed the windshield but need to know the route the wires take to get to the motor...

Have you layed the windshield down flat on the hood? There is a hole in the top of the dash that leads down into the wires and fuse block.

The wire is on the wiper motor. Runs inside the windshield frame and exits through the tub in the oval hole on the left side of steering column. It then goes to the wiper switch.

images

images

Dcp00803.jpg

Last edited:
No problem. :)

Chances are - somebody knows here. All you have to do is ask.

I have a similar but different problem. I moved the wiring all around to primer, and in the process one of the wires that connects to the back of the wiper switch came off. I didn't notice until I went to reinstall everything.
I've got about 5 choices it looks like in my rat's nest of wires here and I don't want to short out the switch...
Can someone please send me a close-up of the back of the wiper switch so I can see which color wires to it? Thx.
My wiring is original from a 1980 CJ7 to the best of my knowledge.

The wire is on the wiper motor. Runs inside the windshield frame and exits through the tub in the oval hole on the left side of steering column. It then goes to the wiper switch.

images

images

Dcp00803.jpg

Is that a waggy column, 73CJ? Did you try wiring the wipers to the column? High beams?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom