I hate Carter Carb Going for Weber?

I hate Carter Carb Going for Weber?

wmichelli

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
Cj7 jeep, 1986 no mods . Dana 44.
Hi everybody. Im new in this forum and so glad to be here. Im retaking my Old Jeep from garage and messing with that hated Carter Carb, decided to go for Weber.
Looking Redline Amazon.com: Weber Carburetor Kit 32/36mm DGEV 1972-1990 Jeep CJ5, CJ7, CJ8, Wrangler YJ w/ 4.2L…

A lot of info and sorry if looks dumb questions: Any improve between rectangular air cleaner or that K&N filter adapter? Can I live without it?
It is legal in street use? I mean the Weber carb. thanks for your help.

Read more: http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f7/carb-question-5244/#post47837#ixzz0qwYM526V

Hi everybody. Im new in this forum and so glad to be here. Im retaking my Old Jeep from garage and messing with that hated Carter Carb, decided to go for Weber.
Looking Redline Amazon.com: Weber Carburetor Kit 32/36mm DGEV 1972-1990 Jeep CJ5, CJ7, CJ8, Wrangler YJ w/ 4.2L…

A lot of info and sorry if looks dumb questions: Any improve between rectangular air cleaner or that K&N filter adapter? Can I live without it?
It is legal in street use? I mean the Weber carb. thanks for your help.

Read more: http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f7/carb-question-5244/#post47837#ixzz0qwYM526V

I put my old Red line back on about a month ago. It's an outstanding carb. You can use any air cleaner you like, I use the cotton filter from KN. Can't tell you about it being legal, you'll have to check your states emission standards for the year jeep you own.

ok Thanks a lot for yoour advice. Going to order now. And bye Carter .
Just one last thing: This item looks to me important any advice about it?
Fuel Pump Regulator

What about a regulator like this one?
tks.

Weber recomends you use one. I have run them without and rarely have problems, but Jeep pumps are notorious for running high pressure and you never know what you have till you check them. Weber states that the best performance is achieved when the pressure is regulated at 3 and 1/2 LBS of pressure. It won't hurt to add one on a fresh install.

Last edited:
I find it's better to change the fuel filter to a "one in one out" clear plastic fuel filter.You can see that it has fuel.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom