intermittin wiper switch

intermittin wiper switch

1986cj7

Senior Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 cj7 258, t-176 4-speed, d-300, moser one piece axle in back in amc 20,G2 4.10 gears front and back, detroit truetac front and back,G2 4340 chromoly front axles in a d-30, 4" rough country lift, 33" tires
How do you find out if your wiper motor is intermitten or not? I've been looking at scematic of electrical in chiltons and both Intermitten and reguler switch and motor have 4 wires connected to them but the colors on both don't match mine.:confused: PO didn't change much just cut some wires and put in a on/off switch. It also has the washer pump found it dangleing down at bottom under fuse panel inside motor comparment. Put in tach while had dash apart. Does anyone know if this was affered in 86.

Read more: http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f49/what-did-you-do-your-cj-today-753/index112.html#ixzz1WC8LyaEA

Same motor for 2 speed and intermittent wipers. The difference is in the control/switch.

Colors didn't match schematics on my 85 either. You have to look at the connector, they will have letters on them. Match that to the schematic.

Not the best pic, but you can see the letters

Motor%252520Connector%252520A%252520B%252520C%252520D.JPG

Don't have the two speed schematic, but here is the intermittent and you can see the letters on the motor connector.

CJ%252520wiring%252520inter.JPG

Thank yellowcj5 Mine also has the washer pump and what does your switch look like all I found was none intermitten switchs. Was internitten wiper speeds even an option in 80-86, on Morris4x4jeep.com they have alot of good orginal, or close to orginal parts as I've been able to find. Good pictures, thanks!!!!!

Can't find the pics of the switch. Yes it was an option for your year. Usually the yellow lead is for the washer motor.

But, the switches look very similar on the connection side (non inter and intermit) the difference is that there is a harness that is between the motor connector and switch connector. It has the "round" connector for the switch, then goes to a "black box" (intermittent controller) then to the motor connector.

If you do not have this harness with the controller, having an intermittent wiper switch does no good.

Can't find the pics of the switch. Yes it was an option for your year. Usually the yellow lead is for the washer motor.

But, the switches look very similar on the connection side (non inter and intermit) the difference is that there is a harness that is between the motor connector and switch connector. It has the "round" connector for the switch, then goes to a "black box" (intermittent controller) then to the motor connector.

If you do not have this harness with the controller, having an intermittent wiper switch does no good.
Thanks for the info, my thinking was looking at the 3 speed fan motor switch has 5 wires for the switch one power coming in and four wires coming out two wires are hooked in one concection and the rest are on their own connection. I was reasoning that a two speed wiper switch would have 4 wires going to the switch, but po just cut wires put power to a on off switch and back though to motor. So it is either on or off now and I want to replace to orginal. I've put dash back up and will have to look closer when I take the dash out to replace some lights in dash. Thanks again.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom