Is This Bad :) Any Sugestions

Is This Bad :) Any Sugestions

Jroch

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 1985 CJ, 2006 E250
It is the front Drive Shaft any suggestions on what I should Replace with/up grade too?

IMG00088-20091031-1921.jpg

It is the front Drive Shaft any suggestions on what I should Replace with/up grade too?

IMG00088-20091031-1921.jpg

I upgraded my drive shafts 1350 series yokes & U-joints.
"Tom Woods" is a good place to buy a custom drive shaft.

Last edited:
Unlike the rocks, with mud there is no finesse. Just point & step on the Loud pedal.:eek:

LOL yeah thats about it, I bet I saw atleast 5 blown drive shafts today 1 rear end, 3-4 flooded "water" engines

LOL yeah thats about it, I bet I saw atleast 5 blown drive shafts today 1 rear end, 3-4 flooded "water" engines

Do you mean "Hydrolocked", I.E. bent rods, holed pistons?:eek:

what did this come out of??

Ditto on Tom Woods. Great Suff!

Unlike the rocks, with mud there is no finesse. Just point & step on the Loud pedal.:eek:

I moved from Louisiana to California 22 years ago, when I got here I had a 65 Tuxedo Park Park that was set up for the mud, I had almost a boats keel under there to protect stuff from being pulled on by mud and still could not keep u joints in the thing. I hate mud.
After my first run on the rocks out here I put my Jeep up on blocks and ripped every skid plate I had out from under it. I designed plates for it that protected vital areas but where light and covered only what was needed to be covered, then I resprung the beast to get more articulation. At this point I shoved low gears into the t case and thanked the Jeep Gods that..................................................................................I NEVER HAD TO MAKE ANOTHER U JOINT BUSTING, DRIE SHAFT RIPPING, BALL JOINT POPPING, TIE ROD BENDING RUN THROUGH MUD AGAIN.

After looking at the pic better, What did this come out of, looks strange.

oh Man here we go again :bang::dung: whay can't any part be simple on this thing. I was just going to call and order a front shaft and I am guessing it's not going to be that simple.

It came out of my Jeep the front shaft it measured shaft only 26", shaft with knuckle 28 3/4" I thought it was the stock shaft but if it looks different then maybe not?

We think we have nailed the running gear down to

Dana 20 Transfer Case
T-14 Transmission
AMC20 Rear end
Dana 30 Front

Just made the assumption the drive shafts were stock???? and ideas

As always thank you :notworthy::notworthy:

I guess it seems strange because you have the splines pulled apart. Is the other half still in the jeep? Or is it some sort of slip yoke? I don't really know much about the 20 TC.

I guess it seems strange because you have the splines pulled apart. Is the other half still in the jeep? Or is it some sort of slip yoke? I don't really know much about the 20 TC.

The yoke is still in the jeep I got the u-bolts out but wasn't able to free the unversal to get the rest out, I didn't realize this pulled right out until I was trying to use it as a slide hammer if you will to get the unversal out did it twice and then ended up with the shaft in my hand LOL

oh Man here we go again :bang::dung: whay can't any part be simple on this thing. I was just going to call and order a front shaft and I am guessing it's not going to be that simple.

Just made the assumption the drive shafts were stock????

From what I have been reading I don't think you have much thats stock left in your jeep.
You can go to tom woods web site to find out how to measure for a new one. That way you get the right one.

From what I have been reading I don't think you have much thats stock left in your jeep.
You can go to tom woods web site to find out how to measure for a new one. That way you get the right one.

I ordered my new drive shaft tonight from Tom Woods, "Very Nice people" talked me through all the measurements they needed. I went with the priemium shaft told him what I was running and he said I shouldn't break the one we went with. Only thing he said was I might have to notch the skid plate for clearence due to the larger dia. tube? Should be here next week, thanks again pointing a good direction for me to go :notworthy:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom