J20 axles

J20 axles

Out of my mind CJ5

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
74 CJ5
scrap built CJ7
Alright i just picked up a set of axles from a j20 that measure 66'' backing plate to backing plate for $250. the rear is a dana 60 frint Dana 44 and its 8 lug. anybody used these before for full width conversion? was this a good buy? they have 3.73 gears and a locker, they will be going on a CJ7 with SOA and 4'' springs and 1'' drop shackles so i needed more width

going on a CJ7 with SOA and 4'' springs and 1'' drop shackles so i needed more width
SOA will give you about 6 inches of lift. All in all you're going to have a 10 inch lift. What tire size will you be running? If you get oversized tires you will want to get rid of the 3.73 gears.
IMHO I would keep it much lower. Wide is good but you'd be 10 inches wider than stock.
If you really want those full width axles check out this link:
CJ Full Width Axle Swap Kit - Poison Spyder Customs
1149724803_hmpDU-M.jpg

1149724778_XHCVK-M.jpg

thanks that helps, i have 37's for it. How hard would it be to weld on an outboard, i can weld sheet metal decent but have never done anything that important

Alright i just picked up a set of axles from a j20 that measure 66'' backing plate to backing plate for $250. the rear is a dana 60 frint Dana 44 and its 8 lug. anybody used these before for full width conversion? was this a good buy? they have 3.73 gears and a locker, they will be going on a CJ7 with SOA and 4'' springs and 1'' drop shackles so i needed more width

thanks that helps, i have 37's for it. How hard would it be to weld on an outboard, i can weld sheet metal decent but have never done anything that important

You can start here
Dana/Spicer Bill Of Material Numbers

This will help you ID just what you have. Dana 44 `s and 60`s came in many flavors. The BOM will tell you plenty

Dana Holding Corporation - The Expert Axle Bill of Material
The Expert - Information for driveshafts, u-joints, brakes, axles, heavy axles, light axles

The Dana 44 front axle bible
Mr.N's Dana Articles to Include 44, 60 informaiton.
Mr.N's Dana Articles to Include 44, 60 information.

This might help
Pics of outboarding springs

Google "out boarding CJ springs" and you will get LOT`s of information.

For parts. Highly recommend Dan at RuffStuff. His parts and customer service is simply great.

Frame Outriggers 4.5" [0692200] - $57.00

wow youre good ive been searching CJ7 outboard springs for almost two days and got nothing, thanks for all the links man i appreciate it

I could be wrong but wasn't the j20 set up for sua?
You might have been better off using a chevy front 44
as it was set up for soa.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom