jeep 258 A/C swap to 304 A/C question

there is a very good possibility that you will be able to bolt the existing compressor to the new mount, at very worst there may be an adapter for the mount plate needed. The compressor is just a different style/ manufacturer and as long as the motor can turn it it will cool the cab.

You are, in fact best off if you can do this without opening the system to the atmosphere.:cool:

I have the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l CJ7 with factory A/C and doing a swap to a AMC 304 . I would like to keep the A/C but wondering if the AMC 304 compressor can just be hooked up to existing AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l A/C lines. Here is what I have now:

jeepair006.jpg
jeepair009.jpg

This is what I am going to:

amc304air.jpg

I dont think you can use the york compressor (AMC 304 ). But you can sell it for 50-$100.. You need to find if a CJ or AMC 304 came with the sardan style compressors..

I think the later Wagoneers with the 360 used them. you should be able to swap the mounts.

Thanks for the information. I am going to PAPart today and see what is on a wagoneer they have with a 360 paying close attention to the fittings. My main concern is that I did not want to have to replace the existing lines, I can work with compressor/bracket swaps.

thanks a bunch:)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom