Jeep Air knob housing

Jeep Air knob housing

CavBowyer

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 4.2 I6, Borg-Warer T5, Dana 300 transfer case
Hey, I'm new to owning a Jeep CJ. I've been fixing up the various issues on my 85 CJ7 , and I've reached the cosmetic point. The air control knob has pulled out of the dash, so I need to replace it. Unfortunately I can only seem to find the knobs for sale, rather than the whole housing. I also don't know how one would replace one of these.

On this note, is there a good website to find parts for CJ's? I know qadratech is popular for jeep parts, but they seem to have slim pickings for CJ7 parts.

Last question, is there a good water-proof sound system available for CJ7s? I'd prefer a sound bar, and something fairly nice.

Heating Parts for Jeep CJ5, CJ7 & CJ8 Scrambler

that what you need?

Hey, I'm new to owning a Jeep CJ. I've been fixing up the various issues on my 85 CJ7 , and I've reached the cosmetic point. The air control knob has pulled out of the dash, so I need to replace it. Unfortunately I can only seem to find the knobs for sale, rather than the whole housing. I also don't know how one would replace one of these.

On this note, is there a good website to find parts for CJ's? I know qadratech is popular for jeep parts, but they seem to have slim pickings for CJ7 parts.

Last question, is there a good water-proof sound system available for CJ7s? I'd prefer a sound bar, and something fairly nice.

Last question, is there a good water-proof sound system available for CJ7s? I'd prefer a sound bar, and something fairly nice
None I have seen. You can install marine speakers into your dash, or custom enclosures, or buy a center console to hold the control head. That's about it.

Some brackets could be attached to your present bar, and you could install a sound bar that way I suppose...

Mounting it to your existing bar would cause rear view issues and a major blind spot.

If you want a sound bar, have you considered a swap to a YJ "family bar"?

Doing this will allow you the options of YJ Speaker bars to chose from. There are many available.

This is the bar that looks like a "D' from the side, as opposed to the CJ bar which is an upside down "Y". Some purists think this is a sin, and it ruins the look of the vehicle, but...

It will bolt right in, or reguire at most a few extra holes to be drilled.

If you want the bars to attach to the windshield, that will be a bit more work, but it can be done, successfully.

Putting the bar to the windshield allows you to attach "pull handles" which can make entry/exit easier on lifted vehicles, as well.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom