jeepman

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1967 jeepster commando half cab
3speed 4x4 225 v6 dauntless
Hi
first a thank you for all the help that has been given.and now a please for more help.
I have a 1967 jeepster 1/2 cab v6 odd fire and i need some help indendifying my rear end.the tags are gone from the case but these numbers are cast in it.
The number 30 is on the left side
314 is center front
c-32908 is on the drivers side.the first number may be a 8 or 3
on the inside
12 4 79 dana d 33220 a3d99 41-11
thank you for any insight on this problem
have a great day robin

Hi
first a thank you for all the help that has been given.and now a please for more help.
I have a 1967 jeepster 1/2 cab v6 odd fire and i need some help indendifying my rear end.the tags are gone from the case but these numbers are cast in it.
314 is center front
on the inside
have a great day robin

:)Jeepman

Its all about the bolt pattern.........Go online and Google Jeep Dana axle ID, look at the pictures and match yours up. Of course if your looking for gear ratios you'll have to drain the oil and count teeth.
:D:D:D:D

Hi
314 is center front
on the inside
have a great day robin

if the 30 is cast into the centersection it's a Dana 30 , the cover would look like this

The 12 4 79 should be date it was made.
the 41-11 would mean 3.72 gears
I tried running the BOM # but go noth'n. most of the time there shoul be 6 numbers not 5.
not sure on the a3d99 where did you find that at, on the tube or centersection?

Check out this thread:
http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f105/cj-axles-12186/
It's geared toward axles for CJs but I bet yours in among them.
I wouldn't' be surprised if it was a Dana 44 like this:
dana44b.jpg

I have a 1967 jeepster 1/2 cab

That's not a factory top is it? I don't think the factory ever offered it as a half cab.
I'd like to see it. Could you post some pictures?

There were factory Commando half cabs. They came open top, full metal top, half metal top, and also a true convertible that was pretty fancy for a jeep. The full metal top was the most common..

OP: Your rear axle is a Dana 30 . Dana 30 's were rarely used as rear axles but the Jeepster Commando ( C101) was one application that had them. 41-11 gears = 3.73's, a very common gear ratio.

You need to go register here: http://jeepstercommandoclub.com

They are far and away they best resource for Commando ( Either 66-71 Jeepster (C101) or 72/73 Jeep (C104) ) info and parts. Great group of folks.

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom