Just bought a CJ7

Just bought a CJ7

BigTex

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
I have 1983 cj7, 258. I just bought it and tring to learn more about this jeep.
My jeep has problems starting when the engine is cold. It will start and then shut off if I don't stay on the gas. Once the engine warms up everything is fine. Where should I start?

I'd check the choke. I've also found that mine starts best when I turn the key to the point just prior to starting and then pumping the gas twice...and then starting. This seems to be the best way for mine to get that higher cold, higher idle speed. After that, I've had to learn patience to let it warm up a while before taking off.

Thank you, I will check the choke. Also thier is a very strong fuel smell inside the jeep when driving.

is the distributor on ported or manifold vacuum?:cool:
It sounds as you are not getting any advance until the CTO opens up.:D

This weekend I will check and get back to you, I just bought it 2 days ago and still learning about it. Thank you

I'd check the choke. I've also found that mine starts best when I turn the key to the point just prior to starting and then pumping the gas twice...and then starting. This seems to be the best way for mine to get that higher cold, higher idle speed. After that, I've had to learn patience to let it warm up a while before taking off.

I think gilmore has the right combo going on.
Like everyone else said, make sure the choke is working.

I want to know how Big Tex ended up in Oak Harbor Washington.:confused:

just incase I didn't say it earlier this is my first project so I expect some ball busting just keep it clean. LOL

just incase I didn't say it earlier this is my first project so I expect some ball busting just keep it clean. LOL

I think you will find everyone here very helpful, with a minimal amount of ball busting. :)

I'm not busting anything!!:D
being a proud resident of the republic of Texas I'm just wondering how someone comes to be in a place where he would become all pasty white and pruney??:laugh:

Of course I would think you have no end of fire and logging roads. great place to own a Jeep.:cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom