LED Tail Light Help!

LED Tail Light Help!

lilplaya25al

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 Blue Jeep CJ7 AMC 360 V8
Hey guys ive been looking around on the internet for some neat things for my cj. I came across the flush circle style LED tail lights that many people put on their jeeps. I have LED tailights now but they are the original style lights. I would like to purchase and install the flush style ones.

Anyways, my question is are those easy to install? Do i need any drilling on the tail light section to make these fit or they come ready to pop in. Also how do they stay in place and not fall out because i havnt really seen screws or bolts of any type around them.

Also what kinds of wires does it come with as in how many wires does it come with for me to connect to the port or do i have to cut and make my own connections :confused:
I realy dont know much about them so please educate me!

THANKS LOTS!:D

How about some pictures or web sites we can look at to be sure we know what you are talking about?:D

Hey guys ive been looking around on the internet for some neat things for my cj. I came across the flush circle style LED tail lights that many people put on their jeeps. I have LED tailights now but they are the original style lights. I would like to purchase and install the flush style ones.

Anyways, my question is are those easy to install? Do i need any drilling on the tail light section to make these fit or they come ready to pop in. Also how do they stay in place and not fall out because i havnt really seen screws or bolts of any type around them.

Also what kinds of wires does it come with as in how many wires does it come with for me to connect to the port or do i have to cut and make my own connections :confused:
I realy dont know much about them so please educate me!

THANKS LOTS!:D

There are several different kinds Ive seen. Some require from a 1 3/4" to a 4" hole to be cut in. I picked some up at a local trailer shop and will only have to drill a 1/2" hole in my corner guards and use the exsisting hole in the tub for the wires to go thru.:chug:

I just finished a LED brake light and reverse light install on my CJ5 last weekend. Here are some pics. You do have to cut out the body panel but on the back of the LED light there is a rubber piece that should have sort of a nipple that you will push through the hole but will not come out without some pulling (depends on what kind of light you purchased) just make sure when you drill you get a template and make sure the hole is the right size. My rubber grommits did not fit too flush due to the diamond plate so i just used some sealant. Did not take that long just make sure that you get an adaptor that will fit from your original wiring to the new wiring bundle that is connected to the new light, which you can pick up at any of the automotive places...you can see in the second pic I have the light in my left hand and the connector that was purchased seprately in my right. I have more pics if necessary.

Measure twice....cut once!! You can make the hole bigger but you cant make the hole smaller!!

Last edited:
that looks pretty good.:cool:
I'm not a big fan of putting big holes where they weren't but that does have class.:chug:

I was talkin about the lights Eric put on his jeep.

They look really clean Eric and i noticed the budweiser in one of the shots, always comes in handy!

Are reverse lights mandatory to have because i dont want two seperate lights if i do go ahead and purchase the LED circle tail lights

I think that all vehicles have to have reverse lights and license plate lights as well....at least here in New York. I was only going to put one in on the left side as the gas filler is on the right and I thought it would be too busy over there but I figured I purchased 2 - 2" lights anyway might as well put them in. Some Jeepers dont like the look as it takes away from the original look of the Jeep but then again what Jeep out there is original....other than the small percentage of parade Jeeps.

I have a guy down the road fom me that has a 2008 Jeep and he is not a fan of the flush mount tail lights but then again one spec of dirt on his Jeep and he is out there waxing it up to make it look pretty.

Jeeps are like Harleys...everyone wants to put there own little spin on it that makes it stand out from the rest. Got a pic of your Jeep LilPlaya??

IOPort51...I like the clean line dash and the tilt steering. That is what i am working towards. Very nice, you do it yourself?

I think that all vehicles have to have reverse lights and license plate lights as well....at least here in New York. I was only going to put one in on the left side as the gas filler is on the right and I thought it would be too busy over there but I figured I purchased 2 - 2" lights anyway might as well put them in. Some Jeepers dont like the look as it takes away from the original look of the Jeep but then again what Jeep out there is original....other than the small percentage of parade Jeeps.

I have a guy down the road fom me that has a 2008 Jeep and he is not a fan of the flush mount tail lights but then again one spec of dirt on his Jeep and he is out there waxing it up to make it look pretty.

Jeeps are like Harleys...everyone wants to put there own little spin on it that makes it stand out from the rest. Got a pic of your Jeep LilPlaya??

Ya i get what your saying man.

Heres a pic of my jeep when i first got it, its a 79 full restore looks very clean in this picture because it was taken on a rainy day with a hi def camera :D

2ug2d6q.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom