Mirror Question

jswatson0917

Senior Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 304 T-150 D20 D30 AMC20
2000 Subaru Outback Limited
Is there anyway to keep my mirror from jiggling like an over weight belly dance (How’s that for a visual?) while I'm riding around town in my Jeep? Thanks for any help.
:chug:

Are you missing the bushings? Check them out scroll down from the mirrors a little. You'll see them then. They'll help if the arm is moving , but not the head.

Jeep CJ5, CJ7 & CJ8 Scrambler Mirrors

Is there anyway to keep my mirror from jiggling like an over weight belly dance (How’s that for a visual?) while I'm riding around town in my Jeep? Thanks for any help.
I always thought it was my whole jeep jiggling.:laugh:

I know you will find this difficult to believe but, by deffinition, there is no such thing as an over weight belly dancer.:eek:
You are refering to the side mirror and not the one on the windshield??

The way you described yours I thought that would help. Glad it'll work. :chug: As for the o.p. I dunno.
hot damn that helped me out to maybe i can get my mirrors fixed the right way now :notworthy: :D

The mirror on the windshield is steady. Its the mirrors on the outside that I am having issues with. I have checked all of the bolts and they are tight and the bushings are there also.:chug:

Are you missing the bushings? Check them out scroll down from the mirrors a little. You'll see them then. They'll help if the arm is moving , but not the head.

Jeep CJ5, CJ7 & CJ8 Scrambler Mirrors
seems expensive for a mirror i hope there not those made in china knock offs ?I always get stuff like that for free at pinch ur part lol

Its in the mirror head itself then. Not much you can do other than tack weld it where you want it :D or replace them.
The mirror on the windshield is steady. Its the mirrors on the outside that I am having issues with. I have checked all of the bolts and they are tight and the bushings are there also.:chug:

For the mirror itself there are usually 3 or 4 screws that surround the pivot ball, I tighten them down a little at a time and I'm good. I was running 33" Super Swamper TSL's.

For the mirror itself there are usually 3 or 4 screws that surround the pivot ball, I tighten them down a little at a time and I'm good. I was running 33" Super Swamper TSL's.

I have those good and tight too. I am guessing it is one of those nuances I am going to have to put up with. :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom