Motor mount cracked - suggestions for replacements?

Motor mount cracked - suggestions for replacements?

Flex BT

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ7. I6, Weber 38/38 with TEAMRUSH upgrade. T5, Dana 300TC, Dana 30 / AMC 20, True trac w/ 4.10s. 33" All terrains

Blue and rust colored.
One of the motor mounts on my I-6 has a crack along the side of it. The engine shakes, just a little bit, and I'm hoping replacing the mount will resolve the issue (I'm also hoping it might resolve the Transmission chatter).

I just looked at quadratec, they have a bunch of different mounts from $25 to over $80. If I'm just looking to do some normal off road stuff (no crazy rock climbing or anything) what would be a good set of mounts to get?

poly mounts are the best, but if you replace them with poly make sure to use the same on the Transmission mount to. i've heard you can crack the tranny if you dont, or maybe its don't use the poly tranny with rubber motor. either way its probably a good idea to replace em all at the same time.

If the mount your talking about is the factory rubber one, just go to your local auto parts store and pick it up, I would replace both at the same time though. ;)

I just did mine and got them from NAPA. Thats all you need.

Not worth the extra bucks for the poly?

I figured I'd do the Transmission mount at the same time. Can I use the same jack-plus-lumber method to get that in?

poly mounts are the best, but if you replace them with poly make sure to use the same on the Transmission mount to. i've heard you can crack the tranny if you dont, or maybe its don't use the poly tranny with rubber motor. either way its probably a good idea to replace em all at the same time.

Ditto cheapjeep.

I used to knock holes in my oil filter with the rubber ones. It was the travel limiterplate you need with the rubber mounts that actually punched the hole in it. Not even close with poly mounts. Maybe a little noise, but hey it's a Jeep.

My jeep has a big suspension lift. How can I tell if it has motor mount shims? Will it just look like an extra piece under the motor mount? Are they solid metal and can be reused?

Ditto cheapjeep.

I used to knock holes in my oil filter with the rubber ones. It was the travel limiterplate you need with the rubber mounts that actually punched the hole in it. Not even close with poly mounts. Maybe a little noise, but hey it's a Jeep.

Well mine still has rubber mounts that's all my budget would allow when I built my motor. They work fine just waiting on one of em to :dung: out then I'm going all poly. You know the old saying, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Droooiiddd 2

My jeep has a big suspension lift. How can I tell if it has motor mount shims? Will it just look like an extra piece under the motor mount? Are they solid metal and can be reused?

They look like the plate under these mounts. They are a separate plate.

$(KGrHqUOKiME4q(lI2skBOW-MrML-!~~60_12.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom