Motor mounts need replacing?

Motor mounts need replacing?

Boneyard 79

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5 Renegade with original Levi interior: 258ci, 3 speed tran
I just purchased a 79 CJ5 that is going to be a gift for my dad. I want to get it all "dialed in" over the winter so that it is ready to go in the spring. One of the first things I noticed was the difference in the driver side vs the passenger side rubber motor mounts. The drivers side looks much newer and more secure. There seems to be side-to-side excursion in the motor when I throttle the engine. I'm not sure how much is considered normal as I am new to this Jeep thing. Looking at the passenger side motor mount, the rubber looks worn, and I am concerned with increase in motion compared to the driver side.
My dad will be using the jeep recreationally (Limited to driving around town). Looking at the mounts, do you guys think I need to replace the passenger side mount? Is this setup safe?

stock mounts are pretty cheep, if you suspect they are bad and don't mind spending the time I would say go for it.:cool:

Thanks for the information everyone. I'll just go ahead and replace the mounts. I'll have to check out the Transmission set up over the long weekend.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom