Motorcraft 2100 hot air choke tube

Motorcraft 2100 hot air choke tube

grunt

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ 304, 400 automatic
Decided to get my motorcraft 2100 professionally rebuilt. It was missing the choke , linkage,etc. Anyway I realize now that I have no place to put a tube for the hot air for my choke ( running headers) what can I do to solve this situation. Also I don't have the stock exhaust manifolds. Any help would be appreciated..

You don't have to physically connect the hot air tube for the choke to the manifold. Mine is crimped off and is still about 1" from the exhaust manifold and it works just fine. It has more to do with the fact that you actually have the copper tube there to make the heat transfer to the carburetor than anything else. As long as you have it connected and somewhere close to your header, you should be just fine.

:agree:I thought it was going to be a problem but I do not have a tube or a place to hook it and I do not have the electric choke hooked up. I did find it necessary to have the vacuum pull off hooked to the coolant temp switch to pull the choke open just slightly as it warmed.:cool:

I for one, hate manual chokes. they require memory.

what were we talking about??:wtf:

You don't have to physically connect the hot air tube for the choke to the manifold. Mine is crimped off and is still about 1" from the exhaust manifold and it works just fine. It has more to do with the fact that you actually have the copper tube there to make the heat transfer to the carburetor than anything else. As long as you have it connected and somewhere close to your header, you should be just fine.

That sounds like a solution. Ill probably make something up....elwood blues or anyone have a pic?...

The tube for the choke should rise from the intake manifold not exhaust manifold. The tube from the exhaust manifold is the larger flex tube that goes to the air horn TAC flap.

I've never had a hot air tube on any of my electric choke equipped vehicles and they all worked fine.

Maybe just try an electric choke; adjust if you need less choke and fab a heat tube if you really need it.

You still have the choke horn with the flap and the linkage though right? An electric choke kit won't fix that if not.

I've never had a hot air tube on any of my electric choke equipped vehicles and they all worked fine.

Maybe just try an electric choke; adjust if you need less choke and fab a heat tube if you really need it.

You still have the choke horn with the flap and the linkage though right? An electric choke kit won't fix that if not.

Flap?...I have everything but the tube that goes to the exhaust manifold..

Oops choke blade.

You should be fine without it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom