Mounting original hitch

Mounting original hitch

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Media
Solutions
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
#1 - 1977 CJ-7 Renegade (Daisy Jane), Levis trim, 304, TH400, BW1339 (MM), D30/Auburn Max, AMC20/Trac-Lok/G2's, 4.88's, 33" BFG MT KM2's, Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley Sniper 4bbl EFI, MSD6, MSD ProBillet distributor, OME shocks, 4" ProComp lift.

#2 - 1984 CJ-7 Laredo (The Texas Hooker Project - Incomplete/Undecided)
I'm trying to mount an original hitch on my CJ. I can't get the bolts loose that go up through the springs to the frame. There's one on each side and it's the bolt closest to the back of the bumper if you're looking at it. Are these threaded into the frame or is there a nut on the other side? Is there any reason I can't just cut these off with the torch and put new bolts in? Or am I asking for trouble?

The bolts holding on the spring shackle mount are 7/16-14 thread with no nuts on the back side. You might try some PB blaster on the back side through one of the holes in the frame. Then if you can get it off replace the old bolt with a new one that has some clean plating on it. From what I have read, you do live in the "Rust Belt" and should have some experience with this.

The bolts holding on the spring shackle mount are 7/16-14 thread with no nuts on the back side. You might try some PB blaster on the back side through one of the holes in the frame. Then if you can get it off replace the old bolt with a new one that has some clean plating on it. From what I have read, you do live in the "Rust Belt" and should have some experience with this.

That's correct. I do. :mad::D

Well I'll give them a soaking tonight and see what tomorrow brings...

Thank you!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom