NickCJ7

Jeeper
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'83 CJ7 (Current Project)
'84 CJ5 (Sold)
'86 CJ7 (Sold)
'42 CJ2A (On the back burner till I have the funds to do anything with it)
I just received my new HD Shackle Hangers. These things are Milled out a a solid block of steel and also have 3 mounting points instead of 2 like the originals. The fronts use an existing hole the rear a hole has to be drilled and a threaded insert welded in.

dsc00480p.jpg

There is a comparison shot between the HD and Stock shackle hangers. They can be ordered from Crabtree Tool & Die. They are very reasonably priced and include everything you need to install them including the threaded insert and all grade 8 bolts. They are relief cut for the bumpers/rear crossmember. I should have them installed soon then I can get the frame coated in Chassis Saver and start on the tub body work.

Whoa, those are some heavy duty hangers.

Yes they are! I got them installed yesterday. They use 3 mounting points instead of 2 like stock. For the front they use an existing hole for the bumper mount (they are milled for clearance) the rear I mounted using the two factory holes and then drilled the new hole with a 21/36 drill bit. The hole ended up being where factory slots were so I was able to insert the bolt up through the hole with a washer and used another washer and grade 8 locking bolt. The rears are milled for clearance over the rear crossmember.

You can buy them as a set of 4, or buy just the front or rear set. Whole set cost $145.08 which is well worth it I think. Can be bought from Crabtree Tool & Die

Here are Jims Shackle Hangers mocked up before paint. I didn't have to weld the threaded inserts for the rear because where the hole is drilled there is a slot on each side of the frame as you will notice in the pictures. I put the bolt with a washer in through the frame into the newly drilled hole. I used a 21/36 bit from ace hardware with a 3/8 shank and it drilled through the frame great.

dsc00482k.jpg

dsc00483hr.jpg

dsc00484t.jpg

dsc00485o.jpg

dsc00486x.jpg

Next is to take them off and get them prepped for Chassis Saver along with the frame which I hope to get to this weekend.

You can buy them as a set of 4, or buy just the front or rear set. Whole set cost $145.08 which is well worth it I think. Can be bought from Crabtree Tool & Die

Sounds like a great price, I know they would cost more than that at the shop I work at.

those are sweet :drool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom