New knob set

New knob set

Shazam

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ-5 Renegade with '74 304 V8 & Edelbrock manifold & carb, Heddman headers & sidepipes, T-150 3 speed, Dana 20, Dana 30, AMC 20
Greetings guys. I'm thinking of replacing the 6 original knobs in my CJ. Do either the originals (Omix) or the billet ones require dismantling of the switches? I need something easy without taking more than the old knobs off. Suggestions? Thanks.

I picked up a set of the omix billet aluminium knobs a while back. They were pretty straight forward to install. Getting the original plastic knobs off was the worst part. A couple of them I had to take a razor knife to them and cut them off. The aluminium ones just use a allen head set screw to hold them in place. I haven't had an issues with them coming off yet.

dash_angle.jpg

dash_controls.jpg

You should feel pretty confident in them. I had them on my CJ5 from the previous owner and never had one come off in my hand. Cant say the same about the stockers. :)

You should feel pretty confident in them. I had them on my CJ5 from the previous owner and never had one come off in my hand. Cant say the same about the stockers. :)

I have stock on mine. This is my third CJ and I've never had any fall off. I like the looks of the stock. I always thought that they made them look the way they did for a reason. The look of the dash is (in my opinion) that reason.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom